cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table with columns containing dropdowns or checkboxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution to display a table in DS 1.5, where one or more columns contain checkboxes and dropdowns.

e.g.

1st column: checkboxes to select multiple Rows (=materials)

2nd column: material

..............: some more keyfigures or characteristcs

last column: a dropdownbox, where i can select the entry of the cell

Then there will be button to run a planning function, that processes the selection in a certain way.

I haven't found any discussions about this yet and also no SDK extensions...

has anyone also faced this problem and can provide a solution, hints or maybe a guide how to implement such an extension, if it is not possible with standard features? ( I'm a beginner in developing DS extensions)

Thanks in advance,

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this what you describe is possible in standard. you need to use either a panel or grid layout, position 3 dropdowns and bind them to members of your dimensions. when the last is selected, you can pass the filters to data source and make a crosstab visible which will show your number.

please read the documentation on DropDownBox and search for questions around cascading filters.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol and Rahul,

thanks for your quick reply, but I think this is not what I'm looking for. I want to change the entry of a datacell in a crosstab by using a dropdown. This means, that every datacell in a specific column is a dropdown, where I can select a value.

Here is an example. The last two columns are input-ready, but only via dropdown / datefield.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I understand. you want to have an "in-place value help" w/o text-based entry. It is actually a extension requirement for the crosstab or SDK.

This is not possible today to code - reason is, for planning you need to use crosstab as component, and you cannot create currently any SDK component which can pass the values to planning query.

It means, either crosstab will be able to render data-type-based content in the cells OR SDK will be extended with functions to support also planning via scripts.

sorry.

Karol

rahulkumarsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

are you taking about the new line feature in a BW planning query?

If not , how is your problem different from the planning scenario?

Regards

Rahul Kumar