cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load DMS ID while Submitting TCE in OWP Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In Control effective testing step of OWP process, an assessor attempted to submit a TCE and received an Inbound E-mail Failure. The error message said that it "Failed to load Document Management System (DMS) ID".

The error message looks indicates there were multiple items that were incoming at the same time, thus it was unable to handle all of the processing. Currently the message appearing in the inbound message queue of the system.

Currently our GRC PC 10.0 application is on SP13 support pack.

Can anyone please advise on how we can resolve this issue and steps to complete the pending submission?

Let me know if anyone needs more information on this issue.

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata:

I've had that error before.  If the number of inbound emails exceeds the number of available background processes, the additional emails are queued until a process becomes available.  Once the background process is available, items in the queue are processed.  That is how it shoudl work but doesn't.  It's  been my experience that any inbound email that gets queued, fails when it comes off the queue and is subsequently processed.  That is when you get the DMS error. 

Our solution was to crank-up the background processes so even during peak usage it is very unlikely that we exceed available background processes and hit the "queue".  We haven't seen the error since. 

It's been a while since I've dealt with this.  If the system is treating it as already processed, you can always run GRFN_OWP_SENDER_TEST to regen the email/form and reprocess it again.  Try that.

Thanks.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for the suggestion. It seems the above program uses the workitem ID of problematic assessment as input and initiates the form/email again.

For performing this, Do we need to delete the previously initiated form/email which got initiated when the plan was created first time? If it is not required then what is the difference in this approach (i.e deleting the first time initiated form and re-initiating the plan) Vs re-triggering the workitem ID with the program: GRFN_OWP_SENDER_TEST?

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Issue got resolved when tried to re-submlit the same form.by the user.

Thanks for letting me know about the program: GRFN_OWP_SENDER_TEST which can help in future for this type of scenarios.

Regards,

Venkata Bavirisetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata:

I couldn't remember if you could just resubmit when you get a DMS error.  I didn't suggest it because I thought you would have already tried it.  Glad you were able to process it.

The program is a very useful tool.  We use it when a user accidentally deletes an OWP email, if we're testing the forms or if we change the assessment/TCE owner and want to resend. 

Matt

Answers (0)