Did you mean: 

Error in implementing the Export excel functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue an implementing the "Exporting the Table data to Excel."

My VC version is 7.0

Portal version NW 2004s.

By refering the following link, i have implemented Export To Excell functionality in VC.

2) Another one that's in the Visual Composer WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Exportingdatafrom+VC

By refering to 7th page in the document. It is explained to add the data source object from the 'info' port and add the field called 'RAPTNAME'to the DATA source object.

But the RFC object which i added to the story board, i havent find any 'info' port in my added RFC. But still i have added the data store object and added field. then

copied the following given formula in the document in respective formula window ,Formula showin as valid. when i click on check button.

copied formula :

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=XLS&BI_COMMAND_1-

null="

But when compile i have get any proble, when i deply it is giving the followin problem.

Error in compiling Flex application: Error 1002: String literal was not properly terminated

(D:\usr\sap\EPD\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\NewTestModel_28609\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AADMV.mxml:265)

Error 1033: ')' expected

(D:\usr\sap\EPD\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\NewTestModel_28609\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AADMV.mxml:266)

Error 1205: The statement 'dd_ons' is incomplete.

(D:\usr\sap\EPD\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\NewTestModel_28609\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AADMV.mxml:266)

Error 1025: Left side of assignment operator must be variable or property.

(D:\usr\sap\EPD\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\NewTestModel_28609\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AADMV.mxml:268)

Error 1033: ':' expected

can u tell me where is the problem

My question is, Is that 'info' port is mandatory for implementing the export functionality?

what is that 'info'port? what it contains?

If i ask my ABAPER to add that 'info' port , he asked me , what is that, what information i need to provide the to u in that?

can any body provide information about 'info' port

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

as Mario mentioned you should use a BI query. I'm looking for a solution for datas of RFCs, but my time are very limited at the moment maybe you have more time to develop a solution. I thought about an ABAP RFC which writes the data to excel on your local harddisk.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the reply.

What i have understood from your reply that, that info port is used for the BI query. Not for the ABAP RFC. Right now we are using ABAP RFC's , is it possible to acheive the this functionality or not.

Is present VC version is supporting this functionality or not

I am ready to do the R&D. do u have any idea , how to approach this.

Can u please elabrate , how to achieve this.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

somebody had the same error with this functionality. So maybe there is an error in the formula?

As the error message says

"... String literal was not properly terminated..."

"....AADMV.mxml:265...."

"... ')' expected"

I suggest the following.

Deploy your model, go to the source code, line 265.

Try to find out, where the ')' is missing.

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

I am able to come out from the deployment error, i am able to run the application. After i run the application . once i click on the button 'ExportToExcel' i am getting the following error.

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

Could not find portal application com.sap.ip.bi.service.generic.

Exception id: 05:32_01/05/07_0001_18800950

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Can u please tell me what is the problem

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

it seems that the needed application resp. service is not running.

Did you check if "com.sap.ip.bi.service.generic" is available as it is mentioned in "Could not find portal application com.sap.ip.bi.service.generic"?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Thanks for the reply

Can u please tell me how to check the service is running or not, where to check?

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check this in your NetWeaver administrator:

http://host:port/nwa you can also check if the service is deployed in the SDM.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a problem while exporting table to Excel. I have created a model based on a Bex query. The output of the query goes to a group by process and output of the group by goes to a table and to a chart. So I have to

1. Export the table to excel.

2. Print the chart.

I followed this document and created a button to export table to excel. It is giving an error that No Vaild iView (name of the iview). However that iview exists and works fine.

Print button added to print the chart (screen print) works fine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Sheo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are following almost the exact same process mentioned in Sheo's post. In our case we are trying to export report data from Flex to Excel/PDF and we aregetting the error "No Vaild iView " . We have verified that iView exists and is valid.

Any help on is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Info-Port is part of the BW data service, but not the RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can u tell me how to achieve this through ABAP RFC.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I'm sorry I can't give you a hint. Maybe you could use this functionality as a webservice. Maybe Mario has more information or can ask the VC developers at SAP.

I guess you can develop a webservice which generates you a PDF File.

I think about an input parameter which you define the headers with comma seperated as a string and then you add the rows as an string array also comma seperated then you can pass table in PDF webservice which will generates you a PDF file.

I don't know if this could work, but you can try it and if you have success you can share your r&d results with us in the wiki or as a how-to document.

Best Regards,

marcel