Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch class Prcedure not working.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have few characteristics at Batch class Level (023). There we want to achieve some result like.

Requirement:

Copy one characteristics value to another characteristics.

Apply Solution at class level.

Create procedure and assign to batch class level.

Problem:

Procedure saved with active status but result is not populating 2 part of procedure result.

Sample Procedure,

$SELF.A44_COPY_Here1 = $SELF.A_MAIN1

IF SPECIFIED $SELF.A_MAIN1,

$SELF.TEST_COPY_Here2 = $SELF.A_MAIN2

IF SPECIFIED $SELF.A_MAIN2.

Note:

1. We have restrictable tick mark at characteristics level. (We are not suppose to remove this tick mark)

Is there any options here to achieve my requirement?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

Can you please share why you are using an restrict characteristic for picking values from another characteristic?

If A44_COPY_Here1 is having restrict tick mark it will not work.

You can pick a value from restrict characteristic but you cant pass it on to a restrict characteristic.

My understanding is , restrictable characteristic only work with constraints for restricting a value range.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ritesh Dube

First of all I am extremely sorry. I was not in situation to open SCN and read your valuable reply.

Sorry Ritesh it's a long story. We have to use these csticsonly. We are doing some replication activity in that case csticsname should be same.

The place from where we are receiving data their this cstics name used. Now the place where we are coping we have to use the same.

A44_COPY_Here1, this cstics used at many places, we are not in situation to play with this cstics.

Ha, to remove restrictable tick marks we can overwrite at class level. But bcozit assign to many place we are unable to overwrite it.

Do you have any idea - we can overwrite at class level restrictable tick mark. This solution can work for us.

or else if you have any syntax for dependency, which can help to copy cstics values. Even though restrictable tick mark is there.

Please help if you have any input in this case.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

Do you have any idea - we can overwrite at class level restrictable tick mark. This solution can work for us.

or else if you have any syntax for dependency, which can help to copy cstics values. Even though restrictable tick mark is there.

as per my knowledge only entry required and value range can be influenced at class level for over write. You can not change "restrictable tick mark".

Also restrictable characterstics only work with constraints and constraints only work with configuration profile, in your case you are at 023 level for batch not with 300 VC class , so i dont think there is any possibility left.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okay,

I am closing this thread here with the below conclusion.

1. Writing a procedure and copying characteristics value when characteristics have retractable tick mark at characteristics level.
  2. The overwrite characteristics is not possible for the retractable tick mark.

Thanks,

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

you can conclude  below.

1) You can copy characteristic from restrictive characteristic using procedure but you cant setup value by procedure for a restrictive characteristic.

2) With overwrite characteristics option in class , value range or mandatory tick mark can be changed but not the restrictive tick mark for a characteristic.

3) restrictive characteristic only work with constraints

4) Constraints only work with configuration profile.

Please close the thread and mark replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Yes your answers are always helpful and correct but I don't get the words from POINT - 1. --> "YOU CAN COPY CSTICS from RESTRICTIVE CSTICS USING PROCEDURE".

Can you give some clarity on this. How?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can copy characteristic from restrictive characteristic using procedure and pass it on to another characteristic which is not restrictive. But you cant setup value by procedure for a restrictive characteristic.

Is it clear now?

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

If resolved , can you please share your solution and close the thread?

Thanks

Ritesh