Hi Folks,

As per my understanding regarding BOM category is

Material BOM

Equipment BOM

Document BOM

Sales Order BOM

Functional Location BOM

In my project i am working with BOM for "Serviceable Item"

Purpose :- when our service engineer visit any customer for Equipment/Machine repair or service. they must have all details about Machine like machine number, serial number, part/item details like warranty to tell customers about which item falls under warranty and which are not for installed equipment at customer site.

As per our current scope of SAP ECC. i am unable to perform this activity.

I have heard about "BOM for serviceable item". will it solve my purpose or some other category of BOM shall refer.

please suggest.

Thank

Hemant Joshi   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

In a BOM you can describe a complete structure of a equipment / functional location / Material and you can maintain spare parts of the same. Below is the SAP link explains about Serviceable Items

Serviceable Item as a Bill of Material - Customer Service (CS) - SAP Library

Additionally, with respect to your request, you cannot "machine number, serial number, part/item details like warranty to tell customers about which item falls under warranty and which are not for installed equipment at customer site."

These details are available in the Equipment / Functional Location master data, why this is required in BOM ?

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hemant,

The content of your purpose,  is about class and characteristics of the technical object, whereas the BOM you need is either FLocn BOM or Equipment BOM or Material BOM. 'BOMs for Serviceable item' is among these as per the relevance to you. Class characteristics of your item (technical object) is to specify the technical and/or warranty information of the item, whereas the BOM is the info  about the components of the serviceable item,  which will be helpful during servicing process (Order).

Serviceable Item as a Bill of Material - Customer Service (CS)

Regards

KJogeswaraRao