Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender FTP: Archive mode. Failed to delete file because automatic deletion

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a FTP to proxy scenario. The Sender FTP is condfigured with Archive processing mode. The problem is that the remote FTP server automatically deletes the file after the file is read.

So, in the PI CC monitoring log, there will always be an error saying 'Failed to delete file xxxx. unexpected reply code. Request denied for policy reason'.

Although the interface works just fine, but we end up having a red log in the comm. channel monitoring.

Is there anyway to avoid this? I want to archive the file but without PI needs to delete the file at the remote FTP

I've thought of a workaround by first having a pass through scenario to copy the file to our local storage with 'Test' processing mode. But if there's a way/a configuration that can achieve this easier, please kindly inform.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which the interface Processing Mode to test. That will allow the FTP to delete the file. So that is delete issue resolved.

2nd Problem. - Storing file in another(Archive) location then target. Create a second receiver interface without mapping and drop the file in your archive directory.

If you are using Content Conversion then 2 stage the process. Pick up the file as is and then move to a directory where you will be able to archive and process.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the input now I know how to do this.

Actually the error is only at the CC monitoring, and the interface is still working fine.

But to avoid having error in the CC monitoring, I think I will make a pass through to local FTP server (I cannot use NFS because I have FCC and RecordSet per Message is set so the Msecs wait before modification is not available). With FTP, I can set the receiver adapter to use a temporary filename.

1 more question can I set something like this in the temporary filename schema:

TMP_[original_filename]<timestamp>

I need to add the temporary identifier in front of the filename and want to keep the original filename because the original file has no extension.

Actually I've found this:

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapt...

But it ends with a warning/caution. So, I think I'm looking for another way.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

The solution which you proposed is feasible under the circumstance with a minor correction, since here the issue is occurring because of the FTP server deleting the file.

The correction is that configure a pass through scenario which transfers the file from server to PI local server. Configure a interface which polls to this PI local server and process the file accordingly as per the main interface requirement. Here, you can ask basis team to create a archive directory in PI local server.

If you use Test mode, then the file won't get deleted, and we are not sure whether the FTP server deletes the file or not. If you want to try this, you can check first in non-production environment.

Regards

Vishnu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

From my point of view the easier way is the way that you have proposed to do a pass-trough scenario and to copy the files in an own PI NFS directory. Then in that directory you can use the Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check option to avoid to take a file not completely written and the option of the Archive instead the delete option.

Regards.