SLT - The number of generated logging tables exceedes limit
We have configured a new source schema on our SLT system.
Source: NonSAP MS SQL Database.
SLT : DMIS 2011 SP7
Target: HANA SPS8
While replicating a table, we are encountering the error message on SLT system:
"The number of generated logging tables exceedes limit"
Could someone help me here with the area where we had these limitations set on the SLT system? And help in fixing these issues.
Thanks in Advance.
Lakshman Degala replied
Firstly, good to see and interact with you on my first blog.
Thanks for your inputs.
Will share the sequence of actions:
1. New MSSQL source(DB_new) is a copy of existing SLT source(say DB1).
2. New MSSQL source had all the logging tables and triggers carried to it from DB1.
3. For testing purpose, when we replicated table City in new SLT Schema(DB_new),
And, here we observed the error - "The number of generated logging tables exceedes limit"
And, here for City, we observed only logging table is getting created and table in reciever alone in "LTRC- Table Overview".
4. With this, we requested MSSQL team to clean all the unwanted/old logging tables and triggers which came from DB1.
5. After cleanup is done, we are able to replicate all the tables except City. And City still is getting error - "The number of generated logging tables exceedes limit"
** Here we observed that City table alone is having different logging table sequence number compared to all other tables **
6. Here, we requested source MSSQL team to create a copy of City table, i.e city_copy. And we are able to replicate city_copy without any issues.
** Here, we understood that we are missing some cleanup at SLT end, which is pointing to table City on SLT.
**And City table seems got tagged to a logging table that is carried from DB1.**. Other tables have not got affected as we replicated them only after MSSQL done the cleanup.
7. Finally, along with the cleanup we do in LTRC(Processing steps), we cleaned up City related entry we had in table IUUC_LOGTAB_ID.
And, then we replicated the table City without any errors and logging table limit issues are solved.
** Here we observed that City table logging table sequence number is now in sync with other tables **
Kindly share your inputs if any to add to my understanding here.