Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the version of SAP PI, before installing it on the server

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client has bought the license of SAP PI or PO. Is there any way to check the version of PI which they have bought?

I logged in using the client's S-User and tried to check under -

Software Downloads -> Installations and Upgrades -> My company's application components -> My Company's Software -> SAP Netweaver 7.1X -> SAP Netweaver PI7.1

By navigating through the above mentioned path, I feel that my SAP PI version is PI7.1.

But if I try to navigate to the below mentioned path, I see that, all versions of PI Basis are available. And hence I am not understanding what is actually the version of PI for which my client has the license.

My Company's application components -> Complimentary software -> PI_ BASIS

Screenshots attached for more information on the same.

Can you please help me, finding out the version?

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

AFAIK, once you have license, you can install any version.

If it is new installation or upgrade where there are no ccBPM, I would recommend installing latest version i.e., PI 7.4 single stack. If you are upgrading with ccBPM, go with PI 7.4 dual stack.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Thanks for your reply. We are not upgrading the PI system, as the client do not have PI system at all. This will be a new installation and part of implementation project.

My client does not have an idea what is the version of PI for which they have the license for. Does your reply mean all the version of PI have same cost. No matter whether it is a Single stack or dual stack system and whether it is PI 7.31 (dual stack) or PO 7.31 (Single-Stack) or PI 7.4 (Dual Stack) or PO 7.4 (Single Stack)?

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

As it is new installation, it is recommend to install latest version (PO 7.4 Single Stack).

Please call SAP help desk and check.

Keys | SAP Support Portal

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

From my point of view if you have not to do any BPM, i mean if you have an scenario with a complicated logic where you have to connect several systems and to control if you go to one or another, i would choose PI 7.4 single stack with the last SP (i think SP11).  The dual stack is only needed when you want to upgrade a before PI and you have some scenarios with ccBPM, also there are several restrictions to use IDOCs but SAP is improving its functionality in each version.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Does your reply mean all the version of PI have same cost. No matter whether it is a Single stack or dual stack system

This is not true and licencing is something which is customer specific(not generic). Either get the licence agreement from your customer or contact SAP for the exact information.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki and Raghu,

I am aware about the version I should choose to go upon. As PO 7.4 is the latest version and there was no PI system at all used for other ERP related things, so there will be no problem for me to go with the latest PI version.

As there is no PI at all, so obviously no BPMs, so I will be going for single stack.

My question was not about the version of PI to choose, the question was is there anyway to know, what PI version license already my client have? Can we get to know it by logging into SMP using the client's user-id or the only way to know is to call up SAP or going through the sale-agreement document?

AFAIK, the ECC license is based on number of users, but PI is not based on that and it is usually based on the version of PI which you choose and amount of data moving through the system everyday.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for your reply on that. Let me check with my customer or call up directly SAP.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande