cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Info Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue in Quality Info Record function. I have 3 vendors for the same material, 3 QIR were created for these.

- The first one, release until next year.

- The second one, release util date was exceed (on 3 days ago).

- The 3rd one, release until next year, but release quantity is exceed.

Default control key 0007 is set for the relevant material

Message mode = Warning is set for control key 0007 in SPRO

Block Procurement Order is set for all 3 QIR.

When I am attempting to create POs for vendor 2 and vendor 3, PO is created successfully with a warning message. (my expectation is PO block)

Then I try to reset Message mode of control key 0007 to Error in SPRO.

After that, I can't create PO for all 3 vendor. Error message "Procurement of material block for quality reason) (My expectation is PO can be created successfully for vendor 1 as this vendor's release date has not yet been exceed).

Please see attached screen shots for more details.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Yongqi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I went back and looked at your question closer.

The 0007 control key you mention only looks at the QIR (since you have "release required" on).  If the QIR has something that blocks release of the PO, then by setting the error message to "E", it blocks all procurement activities including creation of PO.  If it is "W" or "I" it allows creation of the PO.  Most places want the PO's created and so set this to a "W".  This is why when you changed the message type it prevent creation of the PO's.

Once th PO is created, the QIR record than determines if the PO can be released, NOT if it can be created.

In the QIR screen print you show an 03 block.  Again, this only affect release of the PO, not creation of it.  If you have this on, it should result in blocking the release of the PO regardless of all other values in the QIR.  (This assumes you have your 03 set up right in configuration).

So when you ran it the first time around with the 0007 as a "W", it allowed creation of the PO's for all vendors since the QIR was there but the 03 block was on them.  When you changed it to an "E" it saw the issues with the 03 block on them and prevented all procurement activities, including PO creation.

When you had it on as a warning, I would have expected all three vendors to have resulted in a warning message when the PO was created.  Not just vendors 2 & 3.   Maybe you also got it on vendor 1 btu didn't mention it since the PO was created and that's what you were expecting?

So I think the system is working as expected.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I did receive a warning for all three vendors when creating PO. However, I can release PO and good receipt for all 3 vendors instead of only vendor 1.  Is there any config I need to check? Or is there any rules for PO release that I need to take a look into?

Thanks a lot.

Yongqi.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would double check that you are working with the right Q-info records.  Are you by any chance using an MPN process and HERS materials in this process?

If the Q-info has a block on it, the order shouldn't be able to be released or if released, shouldn't be able to be GR'ed.

Make sure the block functions of the QIR are properly set in config.

Also, make sure you aren't looking at a vendor QIR and there isn't a lower level vendor/material QIR that is the one actually being used.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please see attached screen shots for my QIR for all three vendors, and the warning messages always show no matter I GR for Vendor 1 (still release) or Vendor 2 (release date exceed).

Thanks a lot.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked to see if anyone has changed your standard error messages to warnings?

This blog by Jurgen should help you track that down and rule that possibility out:

Clicking on the question mark of the error message should give you the detail you need to investigate further.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your information, but I can't find my message no. in the table T160M which was mentioned in the link you share me...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you should have an ABAP'er track that message down and see if it is a custom message.  You might have us all chasing our tails if this is a custom message being caused by a customization you have in place.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

But my system is a clean system, doesn't have any customization yet. Because it's for research purpose only. I wonder if the table T160M contents all messages or not. ...

Yongqi.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you removed the 03 block in the info record yet?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yes, I removed it already. anyway, I think the release date and release quantity in QIR doesn't work...

Thanks a lot,

Yongqi

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh it works!

It's old functionality and most of the kinks are pretty much worked out.  If it's not working for you, then you either don't have it set up right, or you have customizations in place that are somehow interferring with it.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You mentioned that you have activated bloc purchase order option for all the 3 QIRs. Could you try removing block purchase order option for vendor 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I remove the Block PO option from QIR then PO can be created correctly. But I think it only block PO when the record reach release util date or release quantity. It seems the release util and release quantity function don't work.

Thanks.

Yongqi

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The block function is working independently from the Release date and quantity in QIR.

The block function will be set manually by the user and a reason should be manually maintained in QIR.

If release date or release quantity is reached, the system considers that the material can no longer be purchased from mentioned vendor and prevents the purchase order automatically from being created.

Hope this clarifies your issue.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So how can we prevents the purchase order automatically from being created for vendors who's release date/release quantity is reach at QIR? Could you please guide me?

Thanks a lot.

Yongqi.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Ayoub is saying is  that all three checks you are talking about are independent of each other.

If you put a 0007 block on the QIR it will block all purchases.

If the release date is reached, it will block all purchases.

If the release qty is exceeded, it will block all purchases.

The system is doing what you asked it to.  The 0007 block is overriding everything else.  It is usually used to manually block a vendor due to previous issues.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your clarify. but my problem is the PO is not block when the QIR release date is reach or release qty is exceed.

* 0007 is set to warning only.

Thanks a lot.

Yongqi.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the screen shots you provided it is reflecting that 0007 is set to Defect and not the warning. You should try again when the message mode is Defect. It should work. Below link explains the functionality.

Release Criteria for Procurement Functions - QM in Procurement (QM-PT-RP-PRC) - SAP Library

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this for a PO already created or when you create a new one?

Craig