cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Previous year we had negative budget but for the current year we have positive budget with the same combination i.e., Fund Center and Commitment Item.

When we pass the entries with the given combination, the system throws the Budget insufficient error. Message No: FMAVC002-Annual Budget Exceeded by 1000 INR (FM PB Availability Control)

Given below the illustration for better understanding:

Financial Year: 2014

Fund Center FC1234

Commitment Item: CI1234

Consumable Budget`          Consumed Amount           Available Amount

0.00                                   1000.00                              -1000.00 (Negative)

NOTE: Here Commitment Item set in Tolerance Profile T002 which is for "No Budget Check"

But in 2015 the management decided to control the commitment item under budget control. Hence We removed the commitment item from Tolerance profile T002 in April 2015.

Financial Year: 2015

Fund Center FC1234

Commitment Item: CI1234

Consumable Budget`          Consumed Amount           Available Amount

5000.00                                   2000.00                           3000.00

Here If I pass the normal PR for Just Rs. 500/- in 2015, then also the system checks the previous years negative balance before allowing posting for this year and throws the message no: FMAVC002. Please help me to sort the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Babjee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you first to reconstruct AVC ledgers in these years via FMAVCREINIT. Then, if the problem persists set a trace to derivation of tolerance profile to check that correct profile is assigned.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply...

Already reconstructed AVC ledgers through FMAVCREINIT but there is no change impact.  Derivation of tolerance profile is also checked and found correct derivation.  Any further inputs please...

Regards,

Babjee

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is hardly a system problem. Most probably something you miss... What is AVC message exactly? Also, what is your AVC logic that you set in activation of AVC ledger: is it normal or strict logic?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your support...

In my case, I have set AVC logic as "strict". I have checked my scenario after changing from strict logic to normal logic and started working well.  Is there any impact from changing from AVC as strict logic to normal logic in production client ??

Further, negative budget error is throwing even budget available (Positive available amount).  For example:

Consumable Budget = 100,000

Consumed Amount = 80,000

Available Amount = 20,000

Now I want to de-release my PO value of 25,000 to amend PO.  System throws the negative budget error.

Can you please advise on this.

Regards,

Babjee

chofiana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Babjee,

For the availability error you can check following note:

2116616 Availability control error when deleting PO with PR reference.

PO amount is returned to the budget but PR amount needs to be consumed again.

In your example due to PR has a value of 25.000 and you only have available 20.000 it is justified you receive that error.

Best regards,

Sofía.