cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

during the run of my xsjs application there alway occurs an application server error '500: Connection timed out' exactly after 10 minutes.

Is there a variable to set this time up or is this another error?

The application is an algorithm that runs for a set number of iterations. In each iteration step the calculated solutions are stored in a table.

The database connection is open during the complete run.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you please create a HTTP watch trace and identify the application in which it is giving timeout.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pavan,

I created a HttpWatch trace. Where can I upload it? *.hwl is not allowed as file attachement...

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paste the screenshot of the failed requests here.

Could you be able to see the failed requests in the HTTP watch trace?

Identify the URL for the failed requests and confirm me if the problem is from the HANA end

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the screenshot of the error message. I can't find the error log as a diagnosis file in HANA Studio...

The failed request was shown in the HttpWatch trace as an 'Application Server Error'. The shown URL is the Url of the application on the HANA instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This confirms that issue is from the HANA application end.  Could please let me know the values of the below parameter.

idle_connection_timeout_application_<app_name>

tcp_keepalive_time

sessiontimeout

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

idle_connection_timeout_application_hdbstudio = -1

idle_connection_timeout_application_statisticsserver = 60

tcp_keepalive_time = 3600

sessiontimeout = 3600

Former Member
0 Kudos

all your timeout parameters seems to maintained correct. IF it is a customized application, then can you have a look into the application login ( coding ) if there is timeout parameter maintained inside the application logic/code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Even I am facing the same situation and all these parameters have the same values as yours.

Did you find any solution for this?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ashutosh,

unfortunately I couldn't find a 'real' solution to this timeout problem. But in my case, I noticed that my algorithm continues running on the server, although I receive the timeout-message in the browser. Since I don't need an output in the browser, for me it works this way - but of course it's not really satisfying...

Regards,

Daniel

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can set the following property in the server configuration :

xsengine.ini --> httpserver --> max_request_runtime = 900 (- which is 15 minutes-)

It worked for me.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Note 2000003 ("Which timeouts exist on SAP HANA side?") you can find some SAP HANA related timeouts. The "idle_connection_timeout" - if set to only 10 instead of 1440 - could theoretically result in a similar behavior like the observed one, but I think the error message would be different. Most likely this error is triggered by a component outside of SAP HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately it doesn't work...