Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export documentation for India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our company Export team is doing lot of export documentation manually. But all the data are available in SAP.

Is there any separate module is available in SAP for this export documentation.

Since  we need to reduce the amount of manual work which export team is doing.

We are using SAP ECC6 - EH4.

Thanks in Advance

regards

Suresh S

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I am not sure if there are standard out of the box forms that you can use directly for export documentation for India. My understanding is that SAP does not provide directly because the format for these documents keep varying by regions and they are governed by different regulatory bodies for transportation like DOT in the US, ADG in Australia etc..Some of them even require these documents to be produced in local language. 

You can look up online for some international bodies like SITPRO that have recommended documentation layouts for Shipping notes, bills of lading, dangerous goods notes etc, which will give you a good idea if you want to develop something on your own (as a script / Smartform / PDF output).

My recommendation is that since you are saying that your organization does a lot of export documentation, it probably justifies the cost of developing these custom outputs (with or without certain level of customization required for your organizations) to be used for export.

Regards,

Navin

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

What exact documentations you are looking for? If SAP is not delivering these forms then you can develop your own forms or contact any approved partner who can fulfill your requirement. If your requirement is still not met raise an OSS Ticket to SAP.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi,

This export documentation requirement will be available for all exports companies in India. Kindly let me know how other companies are doing this export documentation in SAP.

Kindly recommend if there are any add-on software is available for this kind of requirement. We will look into this.

Regards

Suresh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, SAP have not provided a full fledged CIN package for export / import documentations, which means, while you can do transactions in SAP with the standard configuration, for documentations and reports, you need to go for an enhancement.  There are approved SAP vendors who can integrate CIN from SAP to their package and provide you all export documentations.  I remember one of such vendor by name Collabera and I am not sure still they are approved by SAP.  May be you can check with SAP itself.

G. Lakshmipathi