Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the prerequisites to learn the java mapping

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can anybody please suggest me where to start for to do the java mapping and to develop the modules .Please share the useful links.

Thanks

Giridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

Pay attention that each PI have different APIs to work, XI - PI 7.0 or PI 7.1 o PI 7.31 and upper. You should first to download the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio with your exact PI versionNWDS Download Links - Java Development - SCN Wiki

Finally, you can find some threads about the same theme:

Regards,

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

Can anybody please suggest me where to start for to do the java mapping and to develop the modules .Please share the useful links.

The first step would be to download NWDS

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Download+Links

However, you may or may not have the necessary authorization (OSS user required). So please ask help from your basis to download it.

Second would be to download the java jdk (depends on your PI version) from the Oracle website.

Afterwards, begin practicing the basics of java. There are a lot of tutorials in the net, say for example

The Java™ Tutorials

Then if you are already comfortable with classes, interfaces, inheritance and API's. You can begin exploring the java mapping api e.g Sample JAVA Mapping code using PI 7.1 API - Process Integration - SCN Wiki and adapter module api e.g

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Mark