cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption using HTTP_AAE adapter (PI 7.31 SP06)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are currently on SAP PI 7.31 SP06. The requirement is to encrypt the data before sendign to banks using HTTPs protocol.

Is it possible to use PGP encryption in HTTP adapter like SFTP?

If not , If we use only SSL based upon certificates will that be a secure way of sending confidential information to banks?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

About your question of inbound files coming as attachment.

Do you want to read the attachment and do some transformation on the file attached to the request? For this you need to use "Read Attachments" option in operational mapping

If you just want to drop the attached file into a FTP server of ECC system? For this you can use the module parameter called PayloadSwapBean in your receiver channel. This will replace your existing payload with the attachment and the attached file will be dropped in the FTP server provided in the receiver channel.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes, I think you can use PGPencryption module which SAP has provided in any adapter.

Please refer the below blog about PGPencryption:

Regarding http communciation over SSL, here the connectivity happens between the PI system and server using SSL. Here, data will not get encrypted.

Hope it clears. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu ,

Are you sure it can be used for HTTP. As per the blog from Shabarish Vijayakumar :

Q9. Can I use PGP only for the File adapter?

Ans. No. PGP module is compatible with other adapters like Mail, JMS etc.

There is no mention of HTTP adapter.

Thanks

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I think you can do.

Please refer the below thread discussion about the same query.

Let me know if you get struck anywhere.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu ,

I have one more query. Can you provide any links if i want to send plain text files over HTTP without ESR. Is it possible?

Thanks

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have not worked/configured pass through scenarios involving http receiver adapter.

But I think, yes we can achieve it.

Please find below blogs referring pass through scenarios:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42399

Please try and configure the scenario and let me know if you face any issues.

Regards

Vishnu

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add - It doesn't matter which adapter you use, pass through scenarios are very much possible as long as the content is in expected format

coming back to your question on the PGP, that "etc" covers all the adapters including HTTP_AAE which runs on Java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh ,

I have already done file-file pass through scenarios.

This scenario is File-HTTPs so if we have to send plain text files, we can send them as attachment from HTTP? If any related link is there then please sgare.

Similarly for inbound files how can we extract the attached files from HTTP coming from third party.

Thanks