cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI Multilanguage Reports

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm quite new to Business Objects. I have a requirement, to implement (in WebI) a multi-language report. The exact requirements is to have a kind of a button/prompt, which will allow to switch the report language. It must be possible to produce a report in two different languages on the same PC. I know the Translation Management Tool, and I can create a multi-language Universe, but now the question is: how to switch the language in the report? What I want to achieve is: a) the textual descriptions in the report (like report title etc.) must translate - this I can achieve using variables etc. b) the column headers must translate - here I thought, I can simply use a prompt to tell BO, which of the in the Universe available languages to pick... but it seems, it working based on some system/browser setting (like getContectLocale etc.). Question: is there a possibility, how I can pick the language I want to via a prompt? Thanks and regards, Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very sure this is you are looking.In the BI Launch Pad Preferences->Locales & Time Zone section  you can set the preferred viewing locale.

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

No. This is are systems settings... you have to close/reopen WebI to make it work. I'm looking for a possibility, how I can change the language "on-the-fly"...

Furthermore, this changes all the settings in the application ... The requirement is to produce only a report in different language, not to change the language of the tool to one, the user don't knows...

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK you can use the Translation Tool to translate only specific reports if you wish. However, this is still based on the Browser locale IIRC so won't really help for changing "on the fly".

Suspect the only way to accomplish this is to create functions for every heading, title, etc, which dynamically react to a prompt / input control, etc. e.g.:

=if [Language selection]="English" then "Name" else "Substitute Name"

Bit of a PITA though.

HTH

NMG