cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need "Report Creation API" keycode to make pdf in web page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I purchased Crystal Report 2013 and I have keycode.

I want to make pdf in web page through crystal report file(*.rpt).

Do I need another key code?

When I try to make pdf in web, next log message appear.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-7} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - Keycode ending with ''...'' does not appear to be valid for this version of the Java Reporting Component

ERROR {http-bio-8080-exec-7} [com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter] (SourceFile:719) -  detected an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(ByteArrayInputStream.java:106)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.tables.ControlValueTable.if(SourceFile:58)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.tables.ControlValueTable.<init>(SourceFile:53)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.OpenTypeSubsetter.<init>(SourceFile:56)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:352)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:313)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.a(SourceFile:1540)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.PdfDocumentManager.if(SourceFile:350)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.PdfAdvancedDocumentModeller.do(SourceFile:348)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.finalizeExportJob(SourceFile:235)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.if(SourceFile:652)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.a(SourceFile:586)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.a(SourceFile:636)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.int(SourceFile:672)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1943)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:660)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:166)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:528)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:526)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:524)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:423)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:351)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(SourceFile:67)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(SourceFile:716)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(SourceFile:125)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:537)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ds.a(SourceFile:186)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:1558)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:337)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.if(SourceFile:223)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:147)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:128)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:111)

==============================================================================

< CRConfig.xml >

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<CrystalReportEngine-configuration>

<reportlocation>../..</reportlocation>

<timeout>0</timeout>

<ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

<classname></classname>

</ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

<keycode>*****-*******-*******-******</keycode>

</CrystalReportEngine-configuration>

===============================================================================

Why do you think this error happened?

It's a font problem? or do I need to purchase another keycode for "Report Creation API"?

Help, please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have server as well or only the Crystal Reports 2013 designer.

From your post, it looks like you are using Crystal Reports For Eclipse jars?

Refer to the below link and update your libraries to the latest ones.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

I visited the web page you gave me. I already have same jars and in the case of icu4j.jar, I have more up-to-date version. (version="4.2.1.1")

Anyway you provided a useful link, so I thank you.

I solved my problem.

The problem is caused by wrong font.

I was using wrong Roboto font.

I remove Roboto font in Windows 8, control panel and I reinstall right Roboto font.

It is not relevant with keycode and CRConfig.xml.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-3} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - Keycode ending with ''****'' does not enable the Java Reporting Component

You can just ignore above warning or you can comment <keycode> tag in the CRConfig.xml.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-5} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - No keycodes found

You can also ignore above warning.

I must have guessed at the log "com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.~".

Anyway I thank you for your advice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Java SDK forum.

Need more info...

From the error I assume you are using the Java SDK?

Please clarify...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using jdk1.7.0_79 with STS(Spring Tool Suite) IDE.

This error occurred in the web application with tomcat 7 web server.

This error is occurring when Crystal Report is created in the form of PDF.

I'm uncertain that my CRConfig.xml setting is correct and I need another keycode for report creation.

Can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share the line of code for which you get the above error?

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using 4.1.6.RELEASE spring framework.

In my controller, error occurred.

String reportPath = request.getParameter("report_path");

ReportClientDocument reportClientDocument = new ReportClientDocument();

reportClientDocument.setReportAppServer(ReportClientDocument.inprocConnectionString);

reportClientDocument.open(reportPath, OpenReportOptions._openAsReadOnly); // Error Occurred...

reportClientDocument.getDatabaseController().logon("*****", "*****");

... (( the last part omitted ))

Thanks.