Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Do I need "Report Creation API" keycode to make pdf in web page?

Hi, I purchased Crystal Report 2013 and I have keycode.

I want to make pdf in web page through crystal report file(*.rpt).

Do I need another key code?

When I try to make pdf in web, next log message appear.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-7} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - Keycode ending with ''...'' does not appear to be valid for this version of the Java Reporting Component

ERROR {http-bio-8080-exec-7} [com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter] (SourceFile:719) -  detected an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(ByteArrayInputStream.java:106)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.tables.ControlValueTable.if(SourceFile:58)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.opentype.tables.ControlValueTable.<init>(SourceFile:53)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.OpenTypeSubsetter.<init>(SourceFile:56)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:352)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.FontEmbeddingSession.a(SourceFile:313)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.r.a(SourceFile:1540)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.pdflib.PdfDocumentManager.if(SourceFile:350)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.dom.PdfAdvancedDocumentModeller.do(SourceFile:348)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.page.pdf.AdobePDFExporter.finalizeExportJob(SourceFile:235)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.if(SourceFile:652)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.export2.ExportSupervisorEx.a(SourceFile:586)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.a(SourceFile:636)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.int(SourceFile:672)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1943)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:660)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:166)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:528)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:526)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:524)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:423)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:351)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(SourceFile:67)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(SourceFile:716)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(SourceFile:125)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:537)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ds.a(SourceFile:186)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:1558)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:337)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.if(SourceFile:223)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:147)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:128)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.PrintOutputController.export(SourceFile:111)

==============================================================================

< CRConfig.xml >

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<CrystalReportEngine-configuration>

<reportlocation>../..</reportlocation>

<timeout>0</timeout>

<ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

<classname></classname>

</ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

<keycode>*****-*******-*******-******</keycode>

</CrystalReportEngine-configuration>

===============================================================================

Why do you think this error happened?

It's a font problem? or do I need to purchase another keycode for "Report Creation API"?

Help, please.

Tags:
replied

Thank you for your help.

I visited the web page you gave me. I already have same jars and in the case of icu4j.jar, I have more up-to-date version. (version="4.2.1.1")

Anyway you provided a useful link, so I thank you.

I solved my problem.

The problem is caused by wrong font.

I was using wrong Roboto font.

I remove Roboto font in Windows 8, control panel and I reinstall right Roboto font.

It is not relevant with keycode and CRConfig.xml.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-3} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - Keycode ending with ''****'' does not enable the Java Reporting Component

You can just ignore above warning or you can comment <keycode> tag in the CRConfig.xml.

WARN {http-bio-8080-exec-5} [com.crystaldecisions.reports.common] (?:?) - No keycodes found

You can also ignore above warning.

I must have guessed at the log "com.crystaldecisions.reports.exporters.format.page.pdf.fontembedding.~".

Anyway I thank you for your advice.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question