cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm struggling with the IS connection "for data profiling".

Our IS has been upgraded from IS 4.2 SP3 to IS 4.2 Sp5, DS the same and IPS runs at 4.1 SP3 according to PAM is this a possible configuration.

I try to add a new table in Data insight workspace.

When I try to open a database connection I get a message "unable to open the connection. Contact your administrator. "(the message-code starts with UID.) and the session looks like retrieving metadata.

Sometimes I get an error Message with "MetadataService did not initialize properly. Check the PJS log file for more" and sometimes I get a successful connetion.

Testing the connection at CMS has brings the message  'Connection error:... (ADM-10008)

When I try to test a second time, I get a successful result.

These two behaviors are not deliberately repeatable.

I don't know if these descriptions are in the same content, but has the same effect, no connection.

Does anybody has experience with this error and/ or perhaps has a solution ?

so long

Peter

Attached you find some HD-copys for the described messages

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Peter

Something definitely went wrong with your upgrade. Did you perform repository upgrade after upgrading to 4.2 SP5?

If you already performed repository upgrade, and you still getting error, I am not sure what else could be wrong. IPS 4.1 SP3 is compatible version with IS 4.2 SP5. Is there a reason why you have not upgraded IPS version to 4.1 SP5 when your both DS and IS versions are upgraded to 4.2 SP5?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only reason was, to do only the things that have to be done,

for the upgrade.

And the list of compatibities doesn't gave a clue that's necessary to upgrade IPS.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

One addition; the local and profiler Repo have the correct version.