Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Message Container - Delete Message within the Feeder Class

h_h_ak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

currently I am working with Feeder classes, and I want to delete some message from the global Container. I get the Container Object with the method get_global_message_cont( ) and call the method to get the message table. I call this methods within the Feeder Class method get_data, and every time the table is initial.

Has anybody an Idea, how I will get all the messages from the global Container? Or an alternativ to delete the Messages?

The Problem is also, if I delete the message withinn the intern table et_message and I Switch between OVP the message will raise again, because it is in the global Container.

Because of that I want to delete it within the Global Message Container.

This field is a mandatory field in my ERP System, for some Screens I want to overdrive it.

Thanks in advance,

Hasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to try and see if you can access the object from the FPM application controller. The fact the table is empty might be due to scope of the object when you are in the feeder class.

Any way, what you are trying to do is enforce an additional field? If so, why not use BRF+ or the validation BAdI instead of trying to hack into the message container? I'm not sure messing with the message container is the correct approach.

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to second Abdullah's comment. Removing a check error message from the message container is usually not a good approach. MDGM example: If Activation fails in reuse area and you modify the messages passed from the backend, MDG might think the activation was successful even though it wasn't.

To deactivate backend checks (or other checks), you can use MDG-IMG activity "Configure Properties of Change Request Step".

To modify mandatory field settings from the backend, MDGM provide transaction OMSR. Other applications have different settings.

So basically, it depends on your use case.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

h_h_ak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul & Ingo,

thank you for your reply.

You are both right, I won't delete the messages from the container.

Currently I allocate the field within the feeder class with mo_entity->set_property method. So I will not get an error message.

@Abdul: I used BRF+ before, but I dont like this Framework, there makes some problems like transport and the usability is for me not the best. The cause might also be that I haven't enough experience knowledge.

@Ingo: Very useful tips, thanks!

Best regards,

Hasan

h_h_ak
Participant
0 Kudos

Has nobody an idea for my question?

Best regards,

Hasan