cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Threads are not Closed even though Issue is Solved.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1.In SCN so many threads are answered and added replay by the Questioner with "Issue Solved, Thanks, etc..". But didn't closed with correct answers. Who will "Be Responsible" to close the thread with correct Answer?

2.After long discussion, Finally He/She commented "Issue is Solved by Myself!!". Fine!! How He/She Solved the issue with out any help from the "long discussion". At least 1 like also not there for that Discussion.

3."Issue Solved" He/She Comment. But the thread is "Assumed Answer". why it is "Assumed Answer"?

Think, No body can replay for your thread, what you will do? How you will solve the issue? How much time it will takes to do R&D and to solve? so, Think Again!!

It's my community network. "I'm Responsible Person". And You??

Thanks,

Santhosh Gowda.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some don't know and some don't want.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some don't know is the rare case. If the moderator or some one suggested to close the thread also they didn't, And they asked new question's and discussion will continue.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, you (or even a moderator) can't do anything if a user don't want to close his discussion (even after alert them for the same).

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, How SCN will be clean up.i saw so many threads are still open, if they get correct answers.

so Why not the SCN has to give that permission to the moderator. else restrict the number of open threads for a user. then definitely they will close the thread.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Idea was already posted in Idea place Limit number of open disussions allowed. : View Idea

A good discussion is already there

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this is one more of those several similar discussion and I'll withstand anything that can help keeping this place clean and intact.

This concern has kept on coming out time to time and yet there are ample of irresponsible users out there.

It's not about OP's research or testing time, rather its more lack of their seriousness, dedication and loyalty to the community.

At least this is what I now feel after spending around two years on this community. You cannot make a person abide the law if they simply refuse to.

NJ