Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Including SOP/SMP in task list operation

Hi,

How to define/create SOP-Standard operating procedure, SMP-Standard maintenance procedure in SAP PM and how to add it to my operations of task list?

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hello Sandeep,

While working with SAP, It is all about

1. Listing our requirements

2. Knowing the functionalities available in SAP for different requirements

and then

3. Using a suitable SAP functionality for each of our requirement.

In the present case

You have 2 subjects. One SOP and the other SMP. SAP-PM obviously connects to SMPs where as SOPs are related to operations of anything. IT can be starting, operating, switching off, Safety procedure anything.

SOPs

In my opinion SOP mostly suits to be attached as a document to concerned SAP object (Equipment, F/Locn, Material, Notification, Order etc). So whe it is the case of attaching as a document, you have mainly 2 option,

1. Attaching to GOS tool bar of the object.

2. Attaching as a DIR (DMS) in the Addl data tab of the Object.

Obviously the 3rd option can be putting this information as a longtext to the object as Pavan opined. (But this is not like SAP).

SMPs

As the name indicates, this is a list of jobs to be performed during a category of maintenance procedure, such as General check-up, Visual check-up, Overhauling of equipments like Air conditioner, Ventilation system, Time-based maintenance such as Bi-weekly maintenance, Monthly maintenance, Annual maintenance and so on.

We can directly identify this class with Taklists. We can configure them as different tasklists which can be used in plans. If these SMPs are common across several equipments then they will be mapped as General Maintenance Taklist, if they are specific to Equipments then they can be Equipment Tasklist or F/Locn Tasklist.

So in my view SMPs are Taklists and SOPs are documents to be made available to be referred as per requirements in the context of Maintenance.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question