cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the column order for failed data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IS expert,

Can anyone tell me if there's any configuration on IS to change the column order and record sorting of failed data under "View More Failed Data".

We would like to setup a report based on column arrangement that user decides to view.

Appreciate all your inputs in advance!

Regards,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't seen anything.  I think the columns bound to rules always appear first.

You could develop a custom universe over the failed rules repository.

Otherwise, I think it's an enhancement you should lodge with SAP: Idea Place: Enterprise Home

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Thanks to your feedback.

I just found that there is a "Database Order" settings under "Modify Display Settings" of the Profile Results tab. By default, Data Insight set the order settings to "Alphabetical Order".

I selected "Database Order" and did some testing, and it does sort my columns accordingly.

Now the tricky part to make this work is first you have to set the Display Setting to "Database Order" before importing your tables/views.

It is not a 100% fix to my problem because it does not resolve the record sorting.

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm... interesting that is a user defined setting.

Does it work for the failed rules output?  And does it apply to views?  Or only when set BEFORE creating the view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My source comes from a table and It worked fine if you want to "View more failed data" and export to a file. The display settings has to be set for this to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tested from a source view and it works just fine.

Answers (0)