Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Help to dynamically change mandatory specifications

Hi,

I am using Work Manager for Maximo - where we have a Collection called Specifications on the WorkOrder object (there probably is something similar in the SAP version).  This functionality enables us to specify a series of questions or fields for the user to fill out when working on a work order.  What I would like to do is have some following questions not pop up if a question is answered a certain way (I know this will require hardcoding).  Lets say there are 10 specifications - and the 5th one has a Yes/No type field and if you select No then specs 6 and 7 are not displayed.

The out of box version of work manager has an action to loop though all the specifications and pop up an edit screen/transaction for each spec.  This has an execution rule to determine which specs to edit which sounds like where I would start.

Has anyone done something similar and can give me some pointers?

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Cameron,

The execute rule will run once for every specification in the collection as it is looping over them, so you can make decisions based on things that have happened previously with the user's answers.  I would recommend just using the execute rule to manipulate the questions.  You could use temp variables in the main object as place holders: TempYes, TempAnswered could be Boolean field that you would set in addition to your normal transaction properties.  First set the TempAnswered to False before your loop starts.  Next set TempAnswered to True when the yes/no question has been answered, and TempYes to true or false depending on how they answered.  Then you can refer to these in the execute rule to decide if subsequent questions should be displayed.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question