cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move SAP data to sql server using PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am new to SAP. Actually I have did lots of google for move SAP data to sql server using PI, but everytime I lost from my goal.

I have google and understand below points,

- What is SAP PI  ( Process Integration )

- SAP PI - FILE to IDOC Scenario

I want to move data from RFC to sql server database.

As I know it is not a single step process. But if you can suggest steps by steps technical term to follow then it is very easy to go through on it.

Your guidence give me confidence to move ahead. I hope requirement is clear to you.

Regards,

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

I want to move data from RFC to sql server database.

As I know it is not a single step process. But if you can suggest steps by steps technical term to follow then it is very easy to go through on it.

It is a single step, you can do it in one scenario.

First of all, you have to talk with your basis team to install the jdbc database drivers.

RFC is not an origin, it is a protocol. I think you have some data in an ECC and you can move it to an external database. You can do it a proxy to jdbc database.This document can be helpful for you

On the receiver side you only need to do a SAP XML format to make your INSERT or UPDATES, following this schemas Defining XML Documents for Message Protocol XML SQL Format - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am exploring the functionality and we dont have any team.

1. How do I know JDBC database driver is installed or not, is any T-code is available to identify?

Please see attached image, is it confirm a JDBC database driver is installed?

2. The document link you have specified is it something large but I will look on it. it looks that I want.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nirmal

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

If you want to know if the JDBC drivers are installed, follow this note:

1829286 - PI: How to check which drivers are installed for the JMS and JDBC Adapters

If finally the drivers are not installed follow this other one 1138877 - How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters

Regards.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

You cant see whether drivers installed or not in the PI tools which used for developing the integration scenario.Drivers will be deployed in the PI Java runtime which you will not have access.Please check with your basis team.

I understand you are beginner to SAP so i would suggest to read the sap help for configuring the JDBC adapter.

Simple way to check whether JDBC drivers deployed in PI is try co create a scenario in PI which inserts or fetches data from and to data base.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I will try all the above url and let u know guys if I stuckked somewhere.

I am getting confidence now to move ahead.

Thanks alot guys for your reply.

Regards,

Nirmal

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

To achieve your requirement, configure RFC to JDBC scenario in your PI system.

A sample RFC to JDBC scenario has been explained in the below SCN wiki, please refer and let us know if you struck anywhere:

step by step RFC to JDBC scenario - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Vishnu

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To connect with SQL server database, you have to download the JDBC driver based on your server operating system of PI (Windows/Linux) and deploy it on the PI server.

Link: Download Microsoft JDBC Drivers 4.1 and 4.0 for SQL Server from Official Microsoft Download Center

For windows: sqljdbc_4.0.2206.100_enu.exe

For Linux/AIX: sqljdbc_4.0.2206.100_enu.tar.gz

For more information refer to SAP note 639702

After downloading drivers refer to this blog

But its always better to involve BASIS team for deployment of JDBC driver.

For RFC to JDBC scenario refer to this A Step-by-Step Guide on Asynchronous RFC - to – JDBC Scenario Using SAP PI 7.0

JDBC receiver adapter configuration for communication chhanel Configuring the Receiver JDBC Adapter - Configuring the JDBC Adapter in the Integration Directory/PC...

JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection: jdbc:sqlserver://IP Address:port;databaseName=

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

Dipen.