Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Excel Import.xem for Powerdesigner 12.5

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to power designer and I am looking for Excel Import.xem for Power Designer 12.5 to load the table metadata [data types and lengths]; I have one for 16.5 [trial] however Our company has licensed version of 12.5 only for which  I do nto find the utility; Is there a Excel Import.xem available for Powerdesigner 12.5 or do we use any other alternative. However it is please provide me with the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

We did not have the built in Excel Import in PowerDesigner 12.5. To import Excel in that version required using the VBScript capabilities. There are samples which you can build from in the \\PowerDesigner 12.5\VBScript directory, or if you can describe what your looking to import someone on this forum may have something in their 'toolbox' that could help you.

You can read about this function in the Help system by searching on Scripting PowerDesigner. This functionality is found on the Tools menu\Execute Commands\Edit-Run Scripts. You will have to combine the

Are you sure you cannot update to 16.5? Again, this is why this was added as core functionality in the product 🙂

HTH,

-Matt C.

Answers (0)