Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Question: Intercompany Billing, Inbound IDoc

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to customize IDoc for Intercompany Billing of Cross-Company-Code Sales. The purpose is that when the Intercompany Billing is saved, the output in the Intercompany Billing will generate an Outbound IDoc in the Sales Company. Then, an Inbound IDoc will be automatically triggered in the Issuing Company. Thus, the Inbound IDoc will trigger the SAP automatically post FI document for Vendor in Issuing Company (something like FB01).

The configuration is done, and the test is OK. But, there is a question makes me confused for a long time. As shown below:

My question:

1. Why the IDoc generated by the Intercompany Billing is an Inbound IDoc instead of Outbound IDoc?

2. Why there is no Outbound IDoc for Intercompany Billing?

Do you have any comment or idea about my questions?

Thanks.

Michael Hwang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you tried looking at the objects through the GOS tool bar? If you don't have the GOS tool bar activated, you will be able to do so by setting user parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE = 'X'.

Once you active this, you can look at relationships and you should be able to see both incoming and outgoing IDocs.

More info on GOS -

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your reply.

I've activated the GOS tool bar according to your suggestion. Then I re-logon and run WE02. I checked the relationship for the Inbound IDoc throgh the menu in GOS and found nothing new. There is no Outgoing IDoc except for an error message. As shown below:

Any idea about this?

Thanks.

Michael Hwang

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you tried it from the invoice screen on VF03? (I have blurred out document numbers..) But this is how you should be able to see both.

Please like or mark as helpful if this helped you.

Regards,

Navin

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried it from the Billing screen on VF03. But there are two errors with little difference between the two error messages when trying. As shown below:

I have no idea if there is something wrong about the settings on RFC.

In my opion, even though the relationships could not be displayed here, both the Outbound & Inbound IDocs should be found by WE02. On the contrary, ONLY the Inbound IDoc could be found on WE02.

Is there any other way by which we can found the Outbound Idoc for Billing?

Thanks

Michael Hwang

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael:

Try to test the idoc in WE19, with this transaction is possible to test the inbound and outbound idoc.

But I guess the problem is related to outbound idoc.

Also try to test if you change this setting.

Regards

Jose Antonio

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply.

I've made change according to your suggest in WE20, and it's working now! As shown below:

1. Change made in WE20:

2. IDoc from Output of newly created Intercompany Billing:

3. IDoc List in WE19 (it's Outbound IDoc now):

4. The Inbound IDoc could be triggered by this Outbound IDoc.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Michael Hwang

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

We've fixed the RFC error. And, the IDoc could be found in the screen 'Service: Relationships'. But, ONLY the Outbound IDoc could be found here. As shown below:

However, both Outbound IDoc and Inbound IDoc could be found in IDoc List (WE02). As shown below:

Is there any setting I've lost here? May I get any more help from you?

Thanks.

Michael Hwang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Micheal:

The system create both idocs (outbound / inbound) but the log in VF03 only display one of them.

In WE02 you can check both idocs created.

Please check it and revert

Regards

Jose Antonio

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

First, thanks for your reply.

According to your suggestion, I had a test again in IDES ECC 6 on 29th June, and found that ONLY Inbound IDoc was generated for the Intercompany Billing. As shown below:

1. Overview of Intercompany Billing:

2. Output of Intercompany Billing:

3. WE02 - IDoc List :

Note: from the 2 screenshots above, we can see that only ONE IDoc is available.

4. WE20 - Partne profiles: Outbound parameters

5. WE20 - Partner profiles: Inbound parameters

Would you please take a look at these screenshots and see if there is something wrong with them?

BTW, the same case in a PRD system in other project, as I learned this from consultant working in that project. Is this the SAP rule, or some kind of hardcode for output of Intercompany Billing?

Thanks.

Michael Hwang