cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive vs. Corrective Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can I differentiate a preventive orders vs. a corrective orders in SAP?

Is the order type the same for both PM01? or different?

thanks,

neo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not necessarily, you may or may not configure different order types for preventive order and corrective order depending upon client requirements. In my previous client engagement, client used to have same order types for preventive and corrective orders and distinguish between those by using PM Activity type (which is different from activity type). In my another client engagement, there were different order types for preventive and corrective order.

So in a nutshell, it all depends upon client requirements.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

perfect that is what I wanted to here.

where are these activity types found?

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is there on the headerdata tab of maintenance order - PMActType.

You can do the configuration of this field in the path: SPRO> Logistics> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service> Maintenance and Service Processing> Maintenance and Service Orders> Functions and Settings for Order Types> Maintenance Activity Type

Here you can define maintenance activity types like Preventive, Corrective, Inspection etc. and assign to an order type.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

i see what you mean about the activity type but if I need a standard report or transaction that pull the order based on activity type what tcode can I use?

thanks

neo

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can use IW39 and fill in value in MaintActivityType to get a list of work orders.

Thanks,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the assignment of the activity type a manual assignment during the order creation or it could be automatically?

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can maintain one default value of PM Activity Type per order type in configuration at the following path: SPRO> Logistics> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service> Maintenance and Service Processing> Maintenance and Service Orders> Functions and Settings for Order Types> Maintenance Activity Type> Default Values for Maintenance Activity Type for Each Order Type.

If you want to change the Maintenance Activity Type from one defined as default in configuration, then you need to manually change the Maint.Activity Type during order creation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

You may use fields from planning table for maintenance plans and call to identify if this order was creaetd based maintenance plans.

former_member223579
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think thr may be 2 different types of order types . then only we can check which is created under maintenance plan and direct from iw31( just for an example)..

the confusion will get avoided. in functional consultant point of view we can suggest the client go with different order types.

This is my suggestion.

Experts pls share you point of view also.

Siva-v

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. having two different order types is the best solution but for some internals reason I can't create one at this moment. maybe in a couple of weeks, so I was looking for another way and think the Activity type will help me a lot

Thanks for your input

neo