Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agents on a High-Availability Cluster Question

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking to install diagnostic agents for a High-availability Cluster.

The system landscape is as follows:

• Two physical servers on a cluster, Node01 and Node 02.
  • Node01 runs ERP central instance, Node02 runs SCM central instance
  • If Node 01 (ERP central instance) goes down, system switch over occurs, ERP then runs on Node 02.
  • Likewise, if Node 02 (SCM central instance) goes down, system switch over occurs, SCM then runs on Node 01.

I have gone over this wiki page: Diagnostics Agent and HA Support - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki , but still have a couple of questions:

My understanding is that we should install a Diagnostic Agent on both Node01 and Node02 without specifying a logical host, then enable the 'Diagnostics-on-the-fly' functionality for both nodes. For example, I will install a Diagnostic Agent (DAA) on Node01, not specify a logical hostname during the install, then after the install during the host configuration step (solman_setup -> managed system configuration -> Hosts) on step 2 (Enter System Parameters), I will enter the host of Node02.

Is this correct? I am wondering if it is okay to set up the diagnostic agents in this regard when failing over to a Node that is hosting another system. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or need any additional information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Try these steps.

Go to solman_setup -> Managed System Configuration -> Host for Host A

--->Navigate to step "Enter System Parameters" / field "Local exclusion filter" and write down the currently provided value

--->Provide now a new filter (regular expression) to temporarily exclude the concerned Logical host-name

--->Press "Save"

--->Wait one minute

--->In step "Enter System Parameters" / field "Local exclusion filter" provide again the initial value (you written down).

--->Press "Save"

--->Wait one minute

Proceed as explained above also for Host B.

Regards

Anand

jasonevans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.

Thank you for your reply - I also saw those steps listed in the wiki article. I will certainly keep them in mind during the install.

We currently have not installed the diagnostic agents yet. We are just confirming if our landscape is appropriate for Diagnostic Agents on-the-fly.

My question is - are we allowed to have our Diagnostic Agents failover to another node, even when this node is hosting another system? For example - during a failover of Node B, Node A would then be hosting ERP central instance, ERP Diagnostic Agent, SCM central instance, SCM Diagnostic Agent.

Thanks again for any advice.