cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Application Help (Online Documentation) to install?

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to configure the Application Help for ECC6.0 EHP7.  I know I have to download the Online Documentation, install it using SWPM, and configure the variant for SAP Library (SR13).  I'm using PlainHtmlFile help type.  It is working but only partially.  For most transactions, the application help is coming up when I click Help > Application Help on SAPGui.  But for some transactions (e.g. CAT2), I'm getting the following error message:

Could not find file "\\<fileserver>\<share>\PLAINHTM\EN\64\40008a470211d189720000e8322d00\frameset.htm"

I tried the following versions of Application Help.  The results varies.

• 50129858 (SAP ERP 6.0 SPS27 Onl. Doc. )
  • 50129488 (SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 SPS08 Online Documentation)
  • 50127703 (SAP Netweaver 7.4 SPS09 Onl. Doc.)

Am I downloading the wrong version of Application Help?  Did I missed a step?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Henry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

I think you might have missed some of the Application level help links, Once again refer the SCN link to check the help documents.

the SR13 is configured to SAP Help portal (help.sap.com) - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've seen that wiki.  I'm able to configure everything in SR13.  The Application Help on SAPGui works on most transactions.  But for some transactions, I'm getting the "Could not find file" error.

It seems using different Online Library (say SAP Netweaver 7.4 vs SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7) will results in different transactions that will produce this error.

Thanks.

Henry

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Are you able to solve this issue, could you please let me know what Material number you have used so far.

Regards,

kartik

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

No, we are still having this issue.  The application help (Help menu > Application Help) will work on some transactions.  But on some transactions, we will get an error after trying to launch the application help.

I'm not sure what you mean by Material number.  These are the Documentation DVD that I tried:

• 50129858 (SAP ERP 6.0 SPS27 Onl. Doc. )
  • 50129488 (SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 SPS08 Online Documentation)
  • 50127703 (SAP Netweaver 7.4 SPS09 Onl. Doc.)

Thanks,

Henry