cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - HTTP call to IS unsupported in AEX case

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are on SAP PO 7.4 single stack.

We are getting below error in NWA message monitor when trying to send message from BPM to PI.

Information

Java proxy runtime (JPR) is transferring the request message to the messaging System

Information

JPR received "SAP_BPM_Service" as user

Information

Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection JPR

Information

Trying to put the message into the send queue

Information

The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue

Information

JPR transferred the request message to the messaging system successfully

Information

Message successfully put into the queue

Information

The application sent the message asynchronously using connection JPR. Returning to application

Error

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://<PISERVERHOST>:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet using connection JPR failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.RetryControlException: HTTP call to IS unsupported in AEX case.

Information

Message status set to DLNG

Error

Message status set to NDLV

Based on some research, i tried below approach:

>>>>http://<server>:<port>/nwa > “Configuration” > “Infrastructure” > “Java System Properties” > Select the service “XPI Service: AII Config Service” > The property “com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.usage_type” was be set to “AEX” >>>> When we have changed it to "", there are other issues popping up in PI.

Does anyone know what we are missing?

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member607993
Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI AEX you need to check if the Integrated configuration is activated for the failing automated activity(SI operation) which is XI based Service type. If object is not activated it throws a messaging exception 'HTTP call to IS unsupported in AEX case'.

Also Adding on, check the Service reference in BPM is having the correct sender business component under Custom properties. Under service reference details you need to validate the port type name and port type namespace and same is matching with the Integrated configuration Sender.

Thanks and Stay Safe!

p1024029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Its working after restarting the "XPI Service: AII Config Service" .

Cheers,

NB

p1024029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Did you manage to fix this?

my scenario worked in DEV system but throwing the same error in QA . Any suggestions?.

I checked all config/settings mentioned in this thread.

Thanks,

NB

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have the same setup as you but I managed to find a workout about that problem :

Go to Application Communication and select your application.

Once selected, in the tab "Consumed Service Group", select your group with "XI" as connectivity group and click on "Edit".

After, below, in tab "General" and "Messaging", you can change the parameters. For instance, select SOAP header instead of HTTP header as transfer protocol and it will work.

Only issue is that specific manipulation will be overwrite again next time you deploy your BPM.

I don't know how to change this setup "forever"....

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Jean-Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I have been facing the same issue as Sai and you. My PO system, the usage type is XPI instead of AEX.

Also, I tried the work-around that is working for you: Application Communication -> General & Messaging tab -> Transfer Protocol changed from HTTP header to SOAP header, but even this change is not working for me. Did you change any other parameter too along with this change.

Please let me know in case I am missing any configuration or in case any parameter change is required to make it work.

Thanks

Shivangi

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shivangi,

Just checked the usage type of my PO and we have the same. I don't think your issue is coming from there.

From my side, other problem was related that in NWDS, I could not suppress the Sender Party within my project (btw - I have created a thread on that - so if you have an answer).

Moving forward, once I have suppressed the sender party information within Application Communication and then it started to work. Are you sure your config is correct ?

Jean-Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Philipe,

Thanks for your quick response.

I checked again in my config and BPM development and confirmed that I am using Business Component only and not a party. Checked my entire configuration and things are looking fine but still facing this error.

In my BPM development I checked the service reference:

Also, under application communication I have business component only.

Not sure what is missing in my configuration. Any inputs on what I should be checking would really help.

Thanks

Shivangi

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you check in nwapi -> JPR monitor if everything is green for the messaging part ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My JPR monitor seems fine too.

Thanks

Shivangi

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jean/Shivangi,

I got the issue resolved by maintaining the Party for the business Component. This party has to be configured along with the business component in the service reference of the outbound interface of the BPM. Earlier it used to work without the Party but now with the latest SP for 7.31 or 7.4 it is not working without configuring it.

Regards

kalyan.

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

If that is the case, I don't really understand the concept behind that new feature... I will test.

0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I will share my experience.

I was developing scenario with BPM for PO 7.31 SP17 system in NWDS of version 7.31 SP05.

In this version there is no field "Sender Party" in Service Reference > Properties > Overview > Custom Properties:

I developed the scenario with Business Component without a Party and during testing it has failed with the following error in Audit Log:

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet using connection JPR failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.RetryControlException: HTTP call to IS unsupported in AEX case.

I was able to fix it creating a new Business Component with Party and determining it in NWA > SOA > Application and Scenario Communication > Application Communication as it was suggested above.

But when i installed NWDS version equal to the system's version (7.31 SP17), i got the field "Sender Party" in Service Reference:

I left it empty, fixed the iFlows again to use BC without a Party, activated/deployed iFlows, removed the Party from Application Communication. And it works well now even without a Party.

Actually there is the recommendation from SAP to use correct compatibility between NWDS and the PI/PO system. This means having an exact match between NWDS and the PI/PO system in terms of Version / SP level / Patch Level.

Regards,

Stan.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

You might have to get the Basis team to check if the installation of the system is correctly done. It might have been installed as AEX (means PI only) instead of PO (PI+BPM+BRM).

On my PO system, the usage type is XPI instead of AEX. But I don't think it's as simple as just changing the values here, the full PO installation steps should be executed correctly.

Another thing you can check is the following usage type report to see if BPM/BRM is installed in system.

http://server:j2eeport/utl/SLDInstancesDetailedInfo.jsp

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the http://server:j2eeport/utl/SLDInstancesDetailedInfo.jsp page and confirmed that BPM/BRM is installed.

On my PO system, the usage type is currently set as AEX only.

I have also tried setting this usage_type value from 'AEX' to '' and 'PO', restarted the service and checked, but it doesn't work.

I will also talk to my BASIS team and revert.

Please suggest if there is a another to resolve the same.

Thanks,
Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I am also facing the same issue, were you able to resolve this.

Please update this thread with the resolution.

Thanks

Shivangi

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If you have solved the problem could you update the resolution please.

Regards

Kalyan

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue.

Did someone find a solution ?

Regards.

Jean-Philippe