SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any published inventory of VDM for SLcM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any published invenvory of VDM for SLcM or the way to have information about?

Hi Gurus,

I am a new commer for SLcM Campus Management and Student Accounting area.

Now, at a client site, trying to move its database strategy to HANA from legacy hard disk based database.

I am now wondering how to get the information about VDM -- HANA Live's Virtual Data Model views -- whom BOBJ tools can access.

At Slideshare, I have found the presentation material including the roadmap of SLcM, on March 2014. According to this, VDM is on roadmap however there were not the available days info..

Meantime, it is critical to show the pros. of using HANA and the availability of data with meaningful expression by VDM will emphasis a series of the advantages. It is because end user wants to have themselves work for the future enhancements of analysis of student's learning as wll as academic financials of the university.

Any information will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in avance.

regrads.,

KK

1 REPLY 1

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Koshi; we are in the middle of the development on SAP Student Lifecycle Management CDS/VDM data models for the HANA db.

The focus lies on first delivering these models for key areas like Admission and Specialization. We will continue to look into other interesting areas like all on course registrations, assessments, grading, graduation, holds, etc.

More on HANA CDS: http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Core_Data_Services_CDS_Reference_en.pdf

Kind regards

Rob