cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM - Trade Promotion Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to build a POC of Trade Promotion Management solution for our client.

At the moment, I am planning to build TPM solution with no integration to TFM, and Claims management.

Functionalities that I want to showcase are to provide discounts for orders placed in CRM, as well as free goods based on the quantity and order value.

I have following questions, please clarify.

• What systems are required to implement above functionalities? Do I need any other SAP systems, in addition to SAP CRM & ECC systems?

• Can I build TPM as a stand alone solution? That is with no integration to TFM, and Claims management.

• Do I need BI-BPS for including discounts and free goods in trade promotions? Is it mandatory to have Key Figure Planning/Planning profiles in Trade promotions?

• Also our client uses common distribution channel. Is there a way, that I can use to create trade promotions and assign them to correct distribution channel and not to common distribution channel?

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please refer to the TPM wiki to get some basic informations:

Trade Promotion Process Overview

For your specific scenarios please refer to the following SCN documents:

To answer your questions:

1. usually CRM TPMs are included in the SD process, so the conditions generated from the trade promotion are replicated to ERP and applied in ERP sales order processing. At least SD integration is therefore required. It should also work with CRM sales order processing, at least some of the scenarios.

2. yes, funds and claims process can be set up but is not mandatory

3. no, BPS is not mandatory, if you use CRM rates

4. yes, you can create trade promotions for specific sales area only

I hope this answers your questions.

regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Johannes. 

I am able to set up discounts without BPS and the promotion is getting determined correctly in CRM sales order.

However for free goods condition generation is not happening. It returns errors always.

Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks.

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it would be helpful if you share the error you get.

regards,

Johannes