Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Graph - Status and release management

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello There ,

I was using the status and release management for the document status network .

The issue when I configure 5-6 status , the graph does not shows in the correct sequence . My previous status and next status are all messed up .

Do you know how to fix this issue . It seems to be a waste feature if status network is not shown properly .

Advices please !!

Regards ,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thee graph is unfortunately only depicting status in ALPHABETICAL order. So first of all a complex status network can not be represented, and for a unidirectional status network I recommend to use status like 1-Draft, 2-For Review, 3-Approved, 4-Released, or similar.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf ,

We have also same problem..

May be  for simple Status schema , your recommendation is good.

When Status schemas has be shown in other languages for example German , this recommendation may not work.

Can we expect any correction note or Improvement Note from SAP ?

Thanking you ,

Regards,

Satya

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya and Abishek,

I understand your observations completely. I can't promise anything here as this is a generic feature in Status Management used in all PLM objects. But I'll let development management know about your feature request.

Ulf.

varun_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The status network is not for displaying Graph, because of simple reason status can be parallel and that can not be configured in webdynpro Ui element. ( at least when it was getting developed at Ehp6 ).

If you want to know next status and previous status of current status then there is an option call " Explore status schema " they will show you next and previous status .

Hi Ulf,

Any object can have multiple parallel status, so it was not possible at WD ABAP to show as parallel status, hence we have option called " Explore status schema " which w

Regards,

Varun