Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Oracle Home or MCOD in MSCS 2008 R2

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to install SAP Netweaver 7.31 on the Windows MSCS 2008 R2 where SCM server 7.02 is running already. Database is Oracle 11g. As per the guide "Multiple Oracle Home is not supported in windows MSCS 2008 R2 or Higher". Since MCOD is also not supported for MSCS, how to proceed now?

I have go through the old guide which is applicable for Windows 2003 R2 MSCS only. If I follow same SAP guide, will SAP support ?

Kindly help me to complete the installation.

Thanks a lot,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You should follow the latest installation guide specific to the target system release and OS/DB as the installation guides are made specifically for that. If the installation guide says "Windows Server 2008 (R2) and higher: Multiple Oracle Homes are not supported in a Microsoft failover cluster." then that is the final answer. SAP is not going to change the support policies just because you followed the old installation guide. I am not aware that MCOD is not supported on MSCS.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please refer the below link question number 25 which states MCOD is not supported in MSCS. Kindly

refer the following link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28866

Thanks RB and Sriram. I have referred the threads, so conclusion is it is possible to use the multiple oracle home i.e; can be installed however SAP will not provide any support if we raise any issues with the systems.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you sure that document is for Oracle? That should be for DB2 databases. Even if it is a DB2 database I would still refer the installation guide and see if there is a such a restriction mentioned.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Raised a query to SAP, They have referred the same link and stated that MCOD is not supported by SAP in MSCS.

Thanks,

Pradeep

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not aware that MCOD is not supported in MSCS. Would you mind to point (website/documentation) to where that is indicated?

Thanks

Fidel

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep

Yes, In Windows 2008 & higher server with Failover cluster has some limitation are there in Oracle DB(Only in Oracle), either you can migrate to another DB or OS.

As already said by Reagan you can refer the latest installation guide from service market placse

http://service.sapcom/guidefinder - Select OS / DB and SAP version

Refer the SCN threads with same issues

Multiple SAP systems in MSCS with Oracle | SCN

Regards

SS