Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAM email notification to controller at FF logon

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I found this thread from last year with a similar question. I checked all of the things listed, and I think I've got them all done. No promises on the robustness of the workflow config as I just clicked the peppermint and had the system do it for me. Plus I'm the business analyst, so I don't really know what I'm doing in the workflow world.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3639822

BUT I'm still not getting any emails to the controller when the FF logs on. I've got the controller set to receive email. I have config parameters 4002 and 4008 set to yes. I tested email from SBWP, and it's working. I'm not seeing any messages in SOST after I logon with the FF that should send an email to the controller.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Krysta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So I got the MSMP BC set to activate, but I still don't think that has anything to do with this issue.

I checked the install manual as well, and we've done all of the post installation steps. Some of the config doesn't apply, e.g. distributed firefighter management, but we did everything that applied to us.

I've got the controller (aka me) set up to receive email notifications. I've got config parameter 4002 set to YES to send immediately, and I've got config parameter 4008 set to YES to send the FF login notification. I put my email address on WF-BATCH even though I think that sounds kind of silly, but I did see that in some of the documents on here about problems with notifications. And I'm still getting nothing in SOST and nothing in SLG1 to tell me what might be falling over.

I log in with my test user and then logon to his FF. I run one transaction. I did see a note about log execution notification hacking up when you only execute one transaction, but I've got that turned off. I'm just looking to get logon notification.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try switching the Controller Notification to "workflow" instead of "email" even though you aren't relying on workflow.  This is within NWBC in the Setup workspace --> Controllers.  It sounds counter-intuitive but I think this will do it.

Let me know if it doesn't work and I can keep thinking on it.

-Ken

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nope. Doesn't like that either.

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krytsa,

as understood, you do not want workflow. So, in NWBC-> Access management->Controllers. Choose Email, instead of Workflow, so that FF log report will be sent in Email.

Set up required jobs, i.e GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE,periodically, for WF 'FF log review report' to function.

regards

Plaban

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Plaban,

I did all that and still no email. I'm running out of clever ideas at this point. I may have to open another incident with SAP. I think I've got 4 going at the minute for various issues.

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krysta,

1. In the NWBC of GRC, in Firefighter Controller assignment, choose Notification by "Workflow", not Email.
  2. In MSMP (tcode GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD), make sure you select process ID SAP_GRAC_FIREFIGHT_LOG_REPORT in Change mode, then advance to step 7 to Save and Activated the workflow.
  3. Make sure you are running background job GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE periodically (I set it for every 10 min) because this job collects the Firefighter log info AND sends out the workflow item, which triggers the email notification.
  4. If performed all of the above and you still do not get an email notification, make sure the stage notification settings in MSMP are set correctly: the Recipient "GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS" should receive Template ID "GRAC_LOGRPT_WORK_ITEM" on notification event "NEW_WORK_ITEM".  Save and Activate in Step 7 after this is configured.

Hope this helps!

-Ken

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ken,

Do I have to use workflow? I really didn't want to configure all of the workflow since the project team is made up of me and our Basis Admin. We don't have anybody who can help figure out workflow issues. I only want an email to the controller when certain FF IDs log on, e.g. SAP support. Like every other SAP customer has probably said before, it worked in 5.3 without workflow!

In the post processing when we installed the system, I was supposed to activate the MSMP BC set, but it fell over. I was hoping that was OK because we're not using real workflow right now. I have high hopes that if this upgrade goes well the budget gods will smile on me next year, and we'll get some consulting to implement cool stuff like workflow and Fiori, but I'm not holding my breath.

I do have the synch job running every hour. We're small so I think every 10 minutes might be overkill.

Thanks!

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't answer whether or not you NEED workflow configured in order to make the Login notifications work, however there could be workflow-related linkages that are responsible for reading this event and then sending the Login notification.  The linkages get activated in Post-Installation steps, and it sounds like your team did not perform all of these steps.

I can tell you that completing Post-Installation as if you are intending to use all workflow capabilities has solved MANY issues for me in the past, including notification-related issues.  If you have already confirmed everything from the reference thread that you mentioned above, my best guess is that you will need to redo the Post-Installation activities in their entirety.

I'm sure someone else here will be able to give you additional guidance.

Good Luck!

-Ken