cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Flavors: Incompatible File Error (Personas 200 0003)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are trying to export flavors from one system and import them into another .  We're getting the error message, "Incompatible File" when trying to import.  Please advise.  Note: importing within the same system (i.e. client to client) is not a problem. 

How do you configure Personas to be Silverlight vs. HTML designated?  I'm attempting to have both systems be Silverlight designated - the first system I know works with Silverlight.

Note from the error message:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure to update both system to latest note from parent note#1964257. If your source system is updated and target system is still old then the flavors exported has version check which can give this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you were saying, the systems are out of sync in terms of notes with each other.  I cannot confirm that I do not experience issues after applying all of the notes as we're still in the process but it appears that this is the culprit.  I'll keep you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmation: Having the two systems on different service packs was the reason why one system (2sp0) did not accept the other's (2sp3).

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming. Flavor metadata contains version information to avoid incorrect version being imported. So it will not allow older flavors in SP03.

Can you mark the discussion as answered so that others with similar issue can use the information.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im having exactly the same issue but in the same system but the issue for me starts after I use the Personas Flavor updator. I export a flavour and can import the file again with no issues. But if I run the flavor updator on the file, I am then unable to import this back as I get exactly the same error message.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Personas Flavor Updater program will modify the flavor file metadata to make it compatible with latest code changes. This is because flavors modified were not allowed to import previously which is now changed in latest code code. Also importing flavor back to same system is allowed only in latest code. So you need to have latest notes to import flavors updated using the utility program.

Thanks

Chinthan