SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VKP5- Purchace Price Determination for import PO- (Manual conditions values are not showing in VKP5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Experts. I need someone to help me with this issue.

We have several conditions Z, that were created for incoterms.

When we create an import purchase order (PO), all the incoterms conditions (Z) are added manually with their respective values . No records in MEK1 exists for these conditions since all the values are input manually in the PO as I said. No problem so far.

These conditions have no sequence and in the pricing procedure the manual box is thick for these conditions. Also they have assigned a requeriment routine 42.

The problem is that in VKP5 for the purchase price determination, the values from those manual conditions that were input in the PO are not coming. It only comes the PB00 from info record. This is a problem because for import products we are not getting the real cost so the sales price determination is not accurate.

Can somebody please tell me how to invoke in VKP5, values from manual conditions that were input in the PO.

Your help is very much appreciatte.

Regards

Berta

2 REPLIES 2

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Berta,

To the best of my knowledge, the manual conditions can not be maintained at the time of price calculation. What you can do is let PB00 come from info record and navigate to VKP5 main screen. From there, select the Item and click on Purchasing button to display purchase price calculation. There you try to add your manual conditions and see the impact of those is coming in your calculation screen. If the impact is not coming on main screen then I doubt standard SAP can handle this. Also please note, in VKP5, it does not pick only PB00 but executes the whole purchase pricing procedure and transfers the final value into sub-total S. But in this execution, it will not consider any manual condition.

Alternatively, if the cost is known and you do not want system to determine the purchase price with this behavior, then select purchase price determination sequence 4 (Interactive entry) where you can enter the cost price manually.

Secondly, the gross margin appearing in VKP5 is only for statistical purpose and gives an idea of the cost price and margin. The actual margin will be calculated when the billing document is posted and VPRS is determined for that site.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

Thanks for you response.

I´ve been searching a solution for this issue for a couple of weeks .  Right now this a big issue for my retail client, since most of their materials are imported products and we haven´t found the way for costing goods properly in VKP5 to determine final sales price and transfer to POS. They implemented SAP 3 years ago but were not using the SAP pricing funcionality because they were using the previous application they had.

Even though the option of using purchase price determination sequence (4) in VKP5 is an option, still is very manual like the application they were before using resulting sometimes in human errors, hence the reason why they want to migrate pricing  process to SAP to get better controls.

As you said manual conditions are not known by the system and thats part of the standard, It works perfectly for creating purchase orders and sales orders.

But in the case of VKP5, it is very hard to believe that SAP wouldn´t take into consideration that for determining the sales price for import products there is no way to bring someway those manual values, having the fact that is very usual to have manual conditions in import POs (related to indirect costs of adquisitions, categoy class B) that are part of the cost of the product and that obviously we need to calculate accurate sales price.

Thinking on finding the best solution for my client, I would like to share with you some ideas that I´ve been analysing and want to share with you.

1. When PO is created, PB00 comes from the info record of the vendor.  (ME21N). So far so good.

2. Then in (ME22N), the rest of the conditions related to adquisitions costs (like freight, taxes, customs). All these conditions are added manually at header level and then the system automatically distributes the value in each of the lines of the order.

3. Do you think is possible that the same way it distributes this value automatically between each line it could update at the same time a register with this value, that we could use after in  VKP5?Thinking in adding a sequence to these conditions to see how a get the values for VKP5, I found some tables in MM like 019 named open order header and 016 open order position. What it comes to my atention is that these tables search for a document number, in this case a PO number. This a condition record  that is only possible to mantain after we have purchase order document and not before. So I was thinking that probably that manual conditions could be updated automatically in these records from the PO.

4. Or probably a routine or alternative calculation type within the price determination?

Thanks in advance. Please if you have any idea, I would really appreciatte.

Regards