Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Launching page in Personas

Hi,

We are planning to create a launching page for the most operations belongs to Sales Document process in Personas. Main intention is to make a single page for the Users to do entire sales Process, ( For ex: SAle order creation,Delivery,Billing,Invoice).

Please guide me the process to achieve the same.

Regards,

venkat

replied

Hello Venkata,

The requirements you have, should be very easily achieveable in Personas. I would strongly suggest you use our Personas wiki and the tutorials available there to show you the basics of Personas and how it works. This way you will learn about the system and further develop your knowledge for future use.

Question 1

How to design the launching page with tiles options

Let's look at your requirements briefly, so you want to create a cockpit, cool, that is something Personas 3.0 will handle easily.

Let's take your first screen, smen, this is the default screen you see when you log into Personas 3.0 A lot of the information and controls you see on this page, the average user never uses. Therefore, why not customise it? I tend to remove everything apart from the 'Back' 'log off / terminate' and the 'cancel' button.The key here is to know what your client uses and what they want to see in this section. Once you have this information, you can get stuck into the customising of the screen using Personas.

Once the screen is clear, you can start adding the transation buttons that link to the business processes, when the user logs in they will see maybe 7 buttons (depending on how long your process is) and by clicking on each button they are taken to the transaction (which of course you should customise as well!)

In addition to adding the transaction buttons, you could add various other elements, you could imbed the corporate website of the company and make it look more like an intranet site or simply add links user control.The possibilities are endless and the choice is yours.

Question 2

Can navigate to launching page directly without selecting flavor once system login.

This is pretty easy, create a flavour in Personas 3.0. Then open the flavour manager at the top 'by clicking the 'P' and then click the flavour you just created and then click on theĀ  star on the top right, the tooltip says, 'Make Flavour Default' and once you click on it. The star becomes yellow and it is now the default view the user sees when they log into the system

Left is the default smen screen, right is the screen that I created and is now the default screen. Note that I highlighted the default screen button with a red box.

Good luck!

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question