cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching page in Personas

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to create a launching page for the most operations belongs to Sales Document process in Personas. Main intention is to make a single page for the Users to do entire sales Process, ( For ex: SAle order creation,Delivery,Billing,Invoice).

Please guide me the process to achieve the same.

Regards,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Are you basically trying to create a cockpit to give the user quick access all the entire process? Or are you trying to make something much more advanced?

Cheers,

Angus

0 Kudos

Thank You Steve for your information and got some more information from your blogs..

Below are the couple of issues facing in Personas 3.0

1) I have flavor with image as inserted.when i am trying to edit the same flavor,the image is not visible and the text/menu button on the image is also not visible.but when i place the cursor over there,box/windows are high lighting without any text.

2) Invalid GUI Input Data - Window dimension conflict

Angus,

Planing to create a very basic cockpit and provide quick access to user for the entire business process.

1) How to design the launching page with tiles options

2)Can navigate to launching page directly without selecting flavor once system login.

Please guide me on these issues.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

The requirements you have, should be very easily achieveable in Personas. I would strongly suggest you use our Personas wiki and the tutorials available there to show you the basics of Personas and how it works. This way you will learn about the system and further develop your knowledge for future use.

Question 1

How to design the launching page with tiles options

Let's look at your requirements briefly, so you want to create a cockpit, cool, that is something Personas 3.0 will handle easily.

Let's take your first screen, smen, this is the default screen you see when you log into Personas 3.0 A lot of the information and controls you see on this page, the average user never uses. Therefore, why not customise it? I tend to remove everything apart from the 'Back' 'log off / terminate' and the 'cancel' button.The key here is to know what your client uses and what they want to see in this section. Once you have this information, you can get stuck into the customising of the screen using Personas.

Once the screen is clear, you can start adding the transation buttons that link to the business processes, when the user logs in they will see maybe 7 buttons (depending on how long your process is) and by clicking on each button they are taken to the transaction (which of course you should customise as well!)

In addition to adding the transaction buttons, you could add various other elements, you could imbed the corporate website of the company and make it look more like an intranet site or simply add links user control.The possibilities are endless and the choice is yours.

Question 2

Can navigate to launching page directly without selecting flavor once system login.

This is pretty easy, create a flavour in Personas 3.0. Then open the flavour manager at the top 'by clicking the 'P' and then click the flavour you just created and then click on the  star on the top right, the tooltip says, 'Make Flavour Default' and once you click on it. The star becomes yellow and it is now the default view the user sees when they log into the system

Left is the default smen screen, right is the screen that I created and is now the default screen. Note that I highlighted the default screen button with a red box.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Thank You Angus...

Apologies for late reply..

With your info and wiki help made nice launching page and developed nice falvor with scripts.

I have one Question on table control..

In transaction FB01,you can see the table under account assignment model with 2 lines for every record (For debit or credit).Can we make it as single line thru personas..is there any limitation in personas..

Currently i am getting one more issue like when i edit the flavor on this screen,when i click on company code,cursor is placing on some other field..i am still searching for any OSS note on this.

combining 2 issues..

Thanks again for your information..

Regards,

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll find lots of blogs and documents here on SCN describing how to use Personas to build something like you are describing, and of course there's the Personas documentation itself.

The design of such a launchpad is very much up to you and, more importantly, what your users need. We can't help so much with that. There are examples of such things described here on SCN, for example my blog Putting everything together - the finished Personas project. I would also suggest you contact Peter Spielvogel about joining the Personas Practitioner Forum. People share more examples there, and that may give you further inspiration.

My most important piece of advice, though, is to consult with your users from the start about what they want and need. They'll be much happier if you consult them throughout the process.

Steve.