Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content conversion without KEY Fields

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a below input structure and i want to convert this into XML, the output side is just to convert this into XML, no mapping needed.

B00001,H,009,2015,13.06

B00002,E,009,2015,14.48

B00003,E,009,2015,17.63

B00004,E,009,2015,19.63

B00005,E,009,2015,29.74

There is no key field in this, the first row is Header and remaining rows are details (the details are multiple but header will be only one row per file). I have looked on SCN and there are lots of discussions and the response to those discussions is to handle this in Graphical mapping or write java module.

Please let me know if you have any other best approach. If you have a java module to handle it please let me know. Please note, I know how to handle this with Key fields.

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nishant,

This requirement cannot be achieved without customization.

Please check these solutions

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the problem in handling with graphical mapping? there are no other possible options than JM/AM?graphical mapping to handle it.

Apply the same FCC for the complete file (consider first line also a detail record) and see if this parameter can be helpful

" xml.missingLastFields"

if that works then everything can be easily handle in the graphical mapping.

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I have multiple interfaces and was looking for template solution (reusable component), if its mapping then I will have to do it for each interface.

Why SAP don't enhance content conversion, its the same since beginning.

FYI, i am using PI 7.31

Thanks,

Nishant

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I have multiple interfaces and was looking for template solution (reusable component), if its mapping then I will have to do it for each interface.

Then java mapping/Adapter module should work for you right? this can be reused. If you some specific customization then you can make use of paramterized java mapping.

You don't need to write separate program for each interface.

>>>Why SAP don't enhance content conversion, its the same since beginning

the requirement is not generic and something specific to your business. I don't think it's ideal to expect SAP to add such features to  be able to apply FCC line level.

And in my opinion, it's your partner's responsibility to add an identifier to differentiate between a header n detail.