cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line items and plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there a way of detaching a plant from a material?  when creating a contract or an RFx in Sourcing under the "line item" tab there's an option to add materials, when adding a material the it pulls the plant with it. Is there a way to select an item/material without the "plant" field being auto-populated;  because in some cases end-users will be procuring multiple items for multiple plants, hence the lines items of the Agreement and RFx will be too many and maintaining the line items one by one is a lot of unnecessary admin work.  Is it possible for the user to leave the plant field blank when procuring items for all plants?  If yes, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks,

Nombulelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nombulelo,

Yes there is a way to do this.. when you click add material, in the list of queries available (Query Field on the top of the screen), please use the "Search material without Plant Query". This will enable you to transfer the material without the plant.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

I just tried that, went to that query but the line item is still pulling the plant.  When I go to materials under setup, the plant is a mandatory field, hence I cant save the material without populating the plant.  I think the material is reading from that plant maintained in the setup, how can I make that field non mandatory.

Thanks,

Nombulelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Release of SAP Sourcing are you using.. Can you use the page customization to make this non-mandatory and try again ?