cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling background job from FPM class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement, in which I need to call a background job from FPM From guibb, and so I am using Job open , submit program and job close approach to create background job , and calling it from the method of the FPM class. My issue is that I need to save some data in the background report and so I need to have the instantiated refrence object of the Method in the background report. But i am unable to pass the refrence object from the method to the background report as it nullifies the instantiation of the object once it goes to the background job processing.

I have tried to use parameters option of the report to pass the refrence variable using SUBMIT PROGRAM, but it does not allow to create a parameter in the report of type refrence variable .

So please help me in this regard that how can I pass the instantiated object value to the background job....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Have you tried using shared object ? The only other option to pass object instance using SUBMIT PROGRAM will be serialize object reference before submitting and DE serializing the object reference in the submitted program.

Note:

- If using the shared object approach: Shared objects are stored at application server level, so you will need to propagate the changes to all application server to get consistent behavior.

- If using the serialization approach: This is only possible is the class definition of the object instance implements the  IF_SERIALIZABLE_OBJECT interface.

Regards,

Vivek