cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation time concerning repairs processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem regarding the creation of inspection lots concerning our repairs processing.

The SAP default process is described under http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d0/0babdcea5011d1954a00a0c930e04c/content.htm (see "Process Flow"). Unfortunately our internal process deviates from that. At the moment in our company the quality inspection is done some time *after* the goods are received and not *at* the goods receipt.

Therefore the inspection lot creation is too early for us. To be exact, we do not want the inspection lot to be created when the "Change Returns" is delivered (in transaction "va02" -> "Deliver") but after the goods receipt is posted (in transaction "vl02n" -> "Post Goods Receipt").

Given that, as said, as the inspection lot is created too early, we face the problem that an unprocessed inspection lot already exist when we want to "Post Goods Receipt". Of course this does not work. Unfortunately, as said, the quality inspection in our company is done at a later time.

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem and create the inspection lot at the "Post Goods Receipt" stage (and not before)?  So far I have only successfully managed to not create the inspection lot at all for "Returns Delivery". (This was done via the customizing (spro): "Quality Management" - "Quality Inspection" - "Inspection Lot Creation" - "Inspection at Shipping" - "Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type"; There I deleted the specific "Origin" for the delivery type ("DlvTy") "Returns Delivery".)

Looking forward to any suggestions!

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, hi Arijit,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am looking into your solutions atm but as far as I can see there is also some problem with the movement type (at least in our system -> maybe someone customized something). Though I already have a solution for this ready,so far I do not know if it is feasible.

Will let you know very soon.

Regards

Michael

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you please also suggest how do you wish to manage your downstream process through Inspection lot (With/Without QI)? In case if you wish to link through Quality, but without managing stock in QI, you can enhance delivery to create a manual inspection lot (89). Else if you wish to have stocks managed in QI then please follow the above process suggested by Anand as that is correct.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The setting seems correct to me at first sight! So you have stopped inspection lot generation when the delivery is created. Am I right? Now if you want inspection lot generation after GR and want the stock to be posted to QI, you should try assigning 05 inspection type in material master.

Anand