cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send e-mail to partner role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to send an order-confirmation-form to the customer. It should be send to the address of the partner role "ZM" if it exists. Otherwise it should be send to the partner role "AG". So we have two cases for sending an e-mail.

1. Partner role "AG" und "ZM" exists -> send E-Mail to "ZM"
  2. Partner role "AG" exists -> send E-Mail to "AG"

What is the best way to enable this? Add condition records, implement an enhancement spot or another way?

Thanks, in advance.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO the best solution would be to just always send email to ZM. If ZM does not exist then it could be added (as AG copy) via a user exit.

Although better yet just add ZM in the customer master, even if it's the same as AG. It only takes a second and you'll have better consistency and save a lot of headache and resources on customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I guess I am going to implement the requirement in a enhancement spot or a user exit.

Best regards,

Benjamin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

(we don't know the details about partner function ZM) But your workaround might be incorrect from business pov. Suppose ZM is the business group, then maintaining the sold to party number as business group would be incorrect. Further, ZM might be printed or reported, those printouts, reports, would then convey incorrect information; which the customer would strictly disallow.

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

As Bheem suggested, why do the coding in a userexit and not in the print program (for that output type - order confirmation)?

TW

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter wrote:

Jelena,

(we don't know the details about partner function ZM) But your workaround might be incorrect from business pov. Suppose ZM is the business group, then maintaining the sold to party number as business group would be incorrect.

True, if ZM is a different partner type then it won't be compatible with AG partner. Good catch. Since for the emailing purposes they would be interchangeable, I just assumed they are both customer type.

But if we stay with this assumption why it would be an issue to assign ZM to every customer? This will show explicitly who is the email recipient. Otherwise to answer a simple question - 'where did my email go?' one would have to run some logic on every order - is there a ZM customer? oh, there isn't, so let me look up AG. From ABAP report perspective (which is only one I care about ) it's a hassle.

From what I see, if you want to send an email to someone and it's not always the same as an existing partner, then just designate a special partner function (like ZM here) and maintain all information in that partner. There is also contact person functionality there for a reason. It does seem like OP has gone in that direction, but not all the way for some reason.

I do agree though that there might as well be even more grey areas behind these requirements that we wouldn't have a clue about here. That's why it's important to share as much information as possible if one would like to get an intelligent answer on SCN.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Include MV45AFZZ looks good option to validate the logic.

Thanks,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can give this requirement in Form's Driver program, driver program can select the correct email id as per logic.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bheem,

Why give logic in form program? and why not in print program?

TW

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

what about maintain two output types. first one will have condition records created for partner type ZM while the second one will have condition records created for partner type AG. then define a requirement disable the second one if first condition type is processed successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin

With the help of Abapers we can do enhancement spot for you requirement..

Regards

Susheel Aitha.