cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto sequencing of transports in CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

If we use  development without release and use the task list milestones. Then  this will facilitate transport consolidation and manage the transports instead of us trying to sequence them correctly while managing big projects

Is it true

Can anyone please clarify on this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveena,

As per one of the links

Author Jhansi

Please check the link.

CHARM Task List's Phase 'Development without Re... | SCN

Sequence depends on release time of TR.whichever TR is released first will be moved first.

An example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i have read these links yesterday. I do have a confusion now.

Is there any way in charm which can control auto sequencing and auto releasing of  all transports of big projects in one go

As per my knowledge there is no way of doing it. but want to re confirm once again

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Charm is a central location for your change manager to provide TRs to functional teams and is the one to release the TR (functional teams should only release the task under the TR).  When the phase of the project changes then your project will be imported via import method all (instead of single).

If there is a concern about sequencing then your change manager needs to release the TRs in the correct order.

Do you have a particular overtaker effect in mind that you are trying to avoid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy

We have one implementation project where UAT has been completed with lots of manual effort for releasing the TR's .

Now she want a way to get rid of the manual work . she want to release all the TR's in one go which takes care of auto sequencing

She concern is if we use developement without release and use the tasklist milestones this can will facilitate transport consolidation and manage the transports instead of us trying to sequence them correctly.

Is it trueee???

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow what "implementation project" means in this scenario?

If the transports were not created from SolMan then developers/functional teams can release them at any time (having them generated from SolMan prevents them from releasing the TR).  If the TRs are associated to a project then you should be able to mass release them, but doing so in your situation could be dangerous too; currently you have no audit of the objects in use or the revisions a mass release could cause erroneous locks or the wrong version of objects to be transported.

Development without release kind of speaks for itself, you can't release in this phase; so I'm not sure what you are looking for?

A quick and dirty method to get around the current issue is to do a mass ToC and sequencing shouldn't be an issue at that point; but this can be a two edged sword doing it now would more than likely fix your issue, but down the road if this scenario happens again then they will rely on ToCs to fix the problem( s ).

Answers (0)