cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kritische Objekte, critical objects, ChaRM TMWFLOW/CMSCONF

bruenu
Explorer
0 Kudos

I made the configuration in SAP Solution Mangager SP13 for crtical objects in ChaRM (TMWFLOW/CMSCONF). Everything going well with the standard procedure from SAP.
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/de/4d/6fc4bac469569be10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

But my problem is, everything I found with this tread is between the configuration for the export. In our Landscape I need to check some critical Objects before I transport to PRD (example CI_AUFK). After I had approved the critical Objects trough the tasklist  and imported to QAS I can't this check again before the import to PRD. In my former third party tool was this an easy task, but in ChaRM I don't found this option. Has anyone an idea?

kind regards
Bruno

Noch in Deutsch, ich habe alles so konfiguriert wie beschrieben und es funktioniert auch auf der Ebene der Exportprüfung. Wir haben aber oft kritische Tabellen wie eine CI AUFK wo nur in definierten Wartungsfenstern produktiv gehen dürfen. So wäre es hilfreich dass wir vor dem Import nach P im ChaRM Beleg unter der Transportverwaltung eigentlich noch die definierten kritischen Objekte sehen würden. Dies ist ja aber nicht der Fall, da wir sie ja beim Export und Import in das QAS genehmigt hatten.

Mich würde es interessiern ob jemand die gleiche Problematik hat und wie es mit kleinem Aufwand allenfalls zu lösen wäre?

Besten Dank und Gruss

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

please keep in mind, that there exist two different "Critical Objects Check and Approval" features.

1. Change and Transport System (Transaction STMS) provides such a feature.

2. SAP Solution Manager Change Request Management provides such a feature.

In the past I created a short guide on how to setup the COA Feature for ChaRM. I hope it will help you.

http://www.hybrid-eichhoernchen.de/coa/

Kind regards,

Peter

Solution 1: You use COA of STMS to check critical objects on Import.

Solution 2: You modifiy the SAP standard to deactivate the Critical Objects Check on transport request release and you modifiy the SAP Standard to activate this check on Transport request Import.

Solution 3: You wait for a SAP Standard solution which will merge Downgrade Protection (DGP) feature and and Critical Objects Checks&Approval (COA) feature.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Bruno Müller,

apparently the feature that you are looking for is currently not delivered in the standard shipment of Change Request Management.

We from SAP are aware of this missing feature and plan to enhance the entire "Critical Object handling" in the future.

However, there are several possibilities what you can do already today:

a) You customize an additional approval status into your process, as a workaround - maybe with some tweaking and BADI implementations you can also make it possible that only in case of Critical Objects this step needs to be passed. However, I fear you need a skilled consultant for that.

For "just enhancing the process" you can have a look here: Change Request Management (ChaRM) - How to enhance the standard workflow - SAP IT Service Management...

b) SAP Consulting offers a solution which provides more flexibility when working with critical objects. You might also consider to check with them - I will take care that some contact possibilities will be provided to you via E-Mail.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you any better answer at the moment.

Maybe there is somebody here in the community who is a passionate "puzzle-freak" and has some better idea or created a solution already?!

Best regards

Tobias Hauk

0 Kudos

Also I would like to encourage you to have a look at the SAP Solution Manager space here at the SCN.

You can find it here: http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager

There is a big community with people and experts around SAP Solution Manager - including Change Request Management (ChaRM).

bruenu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias Hauk

Tnx a lot for your answer, it is the answer which I expected . yes, maybe some user here has a simple solution. When I compare with other third party Transporttools they have this option, so we can also program this here. kind regards Bruno