Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Print preview PDF File Download

pavanm592
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Purchase Order Print preview  GOTO->PDF PREVIEW is raising a pop up of file download in one system,but the same thing is not happening in any other system is there any specific settings do i need to do for the download of Purchase order for all the user systems.As i have already tried few from the forum but didn't solve my purpose.

Here i am attaching the screen shot of popup for the reference ,any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Regards,

Pavan

3 REPLIES 3

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

frankly, I have never seen such a download warning popup (which comes from the browser) when doing PDF preview. What happens behind the scenes when you use "PDF preview" in OTF preview, is an on-the-fly OTF-PDF conversion and a call to the HTML control of SAPgui which receives the PDF file (which then is supposed to display via the Adobe Reader plugin of the browser).

What seems to happen in your case is that the Browser plugin for some reason wants to download a file to the PC, which is not normal and unusual. You can download the file and examine it via notepad, is it actually the PDF file created by the preview?

To sum up: the "goto PDF preview" function normally only displays the created PDF via Adobe Reader plugin, but there is no download function  (at least I have not seen one with my SAPgui 730).. I would not expect to be able to download the PDF when you use this functionality.

Regards,

Alexander

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check both system have same  version of Adobe reader or else .many problem arise due to incorrect adobe reader version. 

weather this problem is User specific if yes then consult basic for print right.

former_member688660
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same issue. Have you solved it ?

Thanks Juraj