cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work process memory utilization is always high

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing issue in production sap application servers.

The memory utilization is always high.The servers having 12GB of RAM and always the memory free usage will be 1GB (11gb used).

We checked the system at os level having Linux environment and the work process(W3,W8 and etc..) occupied with around 23 to 25% of total memory utilization

I checked at SAP level non of the sap users are logged in and all the work processes are in waiting status.But still some of the work process at OS level is occupied with high memory utilization.

I know it's little bit difficult to find the exact issue and troubleshoot the system for performance tuning.

I want some suggestion from all of you,from where I can start the troubleshooting this type of issue or is there any parameter to define memory allocation for each individual work processes.Because when checking at OS level all different work processes will have different memory utilization.But some of the work process always allocated with same memory utilization even doing nothing at SAP level.

Kindly suggest how to handle this type of issue,your help is appreciated.

Regards

Zameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer ,

How many work process have you configured ?

Is the DB running on the save server ? If yes what is your DB version  ?

What is the version of your OS ?

Thanks ,

Manu

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

15 Dialog,7 Background ,3 update and 1 spool work process.DB is in different server.The setup is distributed environment.Only ABAP single stack application server is exists.DB is Oracle(11.2.0.3) and OS  is Linux environment.

Regards

Zameer Ahamad

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Zameer ,

15 Process  ( DIA ) are occupying the maximum memory from your scrreenshot .

Would you mind sharing the st02  ( goto -> parameters) and a screenshot of st02 of that application server

Check the value of Ztta/roll_first  ( It should be ideally 1 Byte )

Thanks ,

Manu

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I am posting the parameters values for work process related.Shall i need to paste all buffer values here.If you have any note, where which I can start the troubleshooting from my end parallely.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer ,

Depnds on your Netweaver / Kernel release . But do check the following Note

941735 - SAP memory management system for 64-bit Linux systems

Also Check the following Note/s

146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

and under the "References" section for Linux/DB/Kernel  combinations

Also check the following ( If you are above 740)

2148571 - Explanation for higher Extended Memory (EM) consumption after upgrade to SAP NetWeaver release 7.4x

Thanks ,

Manu