cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change price by effectivity date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Im new to SAP B1 SDK, I would like to ask for your help on how to change the price of an item in pricelist by effectivity date.

example item1 on Price List 08 unit price dated June 1, 2015 is $100, if the date go to June 7, 2015 the Price List 08 of item1 will be automatically change into $200 unit price.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

SBO allows you to maintain daily pricelist.

Take a look at Inventory-PriceLists-Period and Volume discount.

After you maintain your price there, when you create a document, depending on the Posting Date, your item price will be automatically set by SBO.

Note that this alone does not guarantee you will get the price you want.

SBO pricing is very complex and have multiple level of hierarchy.

example, if you have maintain a sales blanket agreement, the sales blanket agreement price will over ride all your price lists.

Do take note also (My last testing was on SBO 9PL15) DI API GetPrice method does not consider blanket agreement, while from SBO Application UI, Blanket agreement is considered..

Regards
Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy,

I was just trying to create a third party application that would change the price by using the date, or outside the SAP the third party application will set the date for the a price change. Thank you for the information. if user doesn't use a blanket agreement will it still over ride all my price lists?

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

No, if there is no Sales Blanket agreement, SBO will consider Special Pricelist For BP.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

so is it applicable to change the price of item by means of effective date the new price will start?

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Sorry not quite understand what your last question is.

But, if you are asking if possible to change a price in a Sales Order by way of changing the effective date of the new price, the answer is no.

It will not auto update existing documents, but it will affect the new documents.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy,

sorry for my last question. well I just wanted to change the pricelist 08 from item master data module triggered by the given date i would like to set. yes it will only affect the new document and not the last and recent documents. if its not possible, is there any work around how to make it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Changing a price in any pricelist or in a blanket agreement doesn't affect existing documents, only new ones, as stated initialy by Edy.

Regards,

Eric

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The only way is query all the open Sales Order.

Loop for each item and check if the price list has changed.

Update the unit price if changed.

Note that you will not be able update closed or partial delivered line.

For partial delivered line, you will need to split the line using the new price and closed the original line by setting the quantity = delivered quantity.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you.

Hi Edy,

Thank you for the reply. I will do your work around. and yeah you answered my follow up question for partial delivered line.

Answers (0)