cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my existing InfoSpokes work in BW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

Info Spokes which are created in SAP BW3.5 are working fine in SAP BW 7.0. Now our Customer is planning for upgrade of SAP BW 7.4 without HANA (On Oracle only). Does Info Spokes work in 7.4 as well? I mean even it if obsolete does these objects work fine or do we need to remodel them. I read somewhere that we need to create Open Hubs for each InfoSpokes and then transfer the data to it. I want to understand it by a real time scenario. I mean will I still be able to see the contents of the Info Spoke? or will they just not exist/appear in the system? I have a huge number of Info Spokes in the system (approx. 200) so creating Open Hubs for each one of them would be a challenging task Is there any alternate solution..Please suggest.

Thank you in advance,

Kathakali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also to add on this, there is one note 1983356 which says Info Spokes can be accessed in BW 7.4 version but cannot be modified. When I checked in BW 7.4 sandbox system, I see RSBO is completely obsolete for Info Spokes. In that case how can we access them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathakali,

I believe you need to migrate all info spokes to open hubs before the upgrade. Can you also refer

transaction RSMIGRATE its very handy and useful transaction code for migration activity.

Please have a look at the note 1869560 for a comprehensive list of supported and unsupported BW elements.

Also refer to below link which might help you

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3541103

Cheers,
Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Deepanshu,

I checked the note, it doesn't talk about info spokes However, will check RSMIGRATE during our migration activities..

Thank you for your reply

Regards,

Kathakali