Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update user mitigation validity period

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I saw Alessandro's excellent document on using the mass upload / download programs to update user mitigation including validity periods. There is also a button in the online Mitigated Users report where you can update validity periods, but I'm getting a big, red exclamation point (no error message other than that) whenever I try to use it. If I open a specific entry and make the update manually it works fine.

I'm getting the funky date format issue in GRC 10.1 SP09 with the upload program. The notes for fixing the issue can't be applied to my system unfortunately, so I'm going to have to ask SAP about that.

I didn't see anything in the online documentation at SAP on how the validity period button is supposed to work. Should I be able to update the validity on several mitigated users with that?

Thanks,

Krysta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krysta,

validity button can be used to change validity date of several mitigation assignments. Therefore you can just select mutliple entries and click on "Validity Period". The big red error comes up when you did not select a starting date. Means you have to enter "Valid from" as well as "Valid to", then it works fine.

Does that help?

Regards,

Alessandro

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey!

I am putting both valid from and valid to dates, and I still get the big, red exclamation point. I'll look to see if there are any notes about this, but I feel another customer incident coming on.

Krysta

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heya,

valid from date cannot be in the past. Did you check that?

Can you share a screenshot of the popup?

Regards,

Alessandro

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, no I didn't, but now that I entered the dates as from today until the end of the year, it works like a champ. It won't let me update all the users at once, but that's something I can live with.

Thanks!

Krysta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Latest news.

SAP is still looking into why the online mass update doesn't work in production but does in development.

They gave me pilot note 2209729 (link below) for the upload program, though. It corrects a program error where the month and day fields were getting loaded backward. Works like a champ.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Krysta

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

FYI, SAP came back with this. Update the message in class GRAC_SOD_MESSAGE below in SE91 with the text as shown:

041 Invalid date range selection. Select valid date range.

That worked fine in our dev environment, but I'm still getting an error with no text in production. Boo!

Krysta