cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Online Expert Analytics error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just upgraded to PA 2.2; we are on HANA revision 95, APL functions were working under PA 2.1.  Auto-Classification and the HANA Model Statistics and HANA Model Compare algorithms all give the following error:

SAP DBTech JDBC 260 invalid column name: Applyln: line 25 col 316

Questions:

1.) I see SAP note 2128915 that says they recommend version 96, but the supported platforms PAM only lists SPS9 (which we are on with version 95) as the APL compatibility.  Is only version 96 compatible?  Or is 95 still compatible?

2.) are the Model Statistics and Model Compare modules part of the APL library?

3.) Is there any resolution for this error?

This is a portion of error in the Log Details:

2015/06/24 12:18:57.535000|>>|E| | 3168|  38| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.pa.service.hilo.impl.ServerExecuteComponent]Error executing using connection:SAP DBTech JDBC: [259] (at 474): invalid table name:  Could not find table/view AUT_PAS22_2_RV in schema HILLARYBLISS: line 1 col 475 (at pos 474)

2015/06/24 12:18:57.535000|>>|S| | 3168|  38|}|||||||||||||||execute: 05.833

2015/06/24 12:18:57.535000|==|S| | 3168|  38| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.hilo.pa.backend.PATransformCommandProcessor]Clearing QueryResult and ResultSet cache as the component results may have changed

2015/06/24 12:18:57.536000|>>|E| | 3168|  38| |||||||||||||||[Error while executing the chain]

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.buildDataSetFoundation(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.hilo.service.datamanipulation.internal.DataManipulationServiceImpl.buildDataSetFoundation(DataManipulationServiceImpl.java:185)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.predict.services.ExecuteChainService.execute(ExecuteChainService.java:95)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.predict.services.PAService.execute(PAService.java:55)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.httpservice.HTTPAdapter.execute(HTTPAdapter.java:89)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.DispatcherServlet.handleRequest(DispatcherServlet.java:107)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:87)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:598)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1367)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.JsonPaddingFilter.doFilter(JsonPaddingFilter.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.configurator.internal.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:59)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:484)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:413)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:350)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:900)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:954)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:851)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:77)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:603)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:538)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:812)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.sap.hilo.service.datamanipulation.internal.ControllersToolkit$TransformEngineProxyHandler.invoke(ControllersToolkit.java:128)

... 35 more

Caused by: An error occurred while executing the query. (null)

at com.sap.pa.service.hilo.impl.ServerExecuteComponent.execute(ServerExecuteComponent.java:234)

at com.sap.pa.service.hilo.impl.TransformComponentManagerImpl.processComponent(TransformComponentManagerImpl.java:66)

at com.sap.hilo.pa.backend.PATransformCommandProcessor.processOnlineCalculationNode(PATransformCommandProcessor.java:143)

at com.sap.hilo.pa.backend.PATransformCommandProcessor.processCalculationNode(PATransformCommandProcessor.java:69)

at com.sap.hilo.engine.hana.online.internal.HanaOnlineCalcEngineImpl.createDataContext(HanaOnlineCalcEngineImpl.java:286)

at com.sap.hilo.service.datamanipulation.internal.engines.TransformEngineImpl.prepareForQuery(TransformEngineImpl.java:1289)

at com.sap.hilo.service.datamanipulation.internal.engines.TransformEngineImpl.prepareForQuery(TransformEngineImpl.java:1223)

at com.sap.hilo.service.datamanipulation.internal.engines.TransformEngineImpl.buildDataSetFoundation(TransformEngineImpl.java:1236)

... 40 more

2015/06/24 12:18:57.545000|>>|E| | 3168|  38| |||||||||||||||ERROR From PAES Server: An error occurred while executing the query.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

For productive use, you need to upgrade to revision 96 which is the one recommended by SAP. 95 is for test & evaluation only. This said looking at the log, we see this error coming from HANA directly:

[com.sap.pa.service.hilo.impl.ServerExecuteComponent]Error executing using connection:SAP DBTech JDBC: [259] (at 474): invalid table name:  Could not find table/view AUT_PAS22_2_RV in schema HILLARYBLISS: line 1 col 475 (at pos 474)

Does that table/view still exists in schema HILLARYBLISS?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Of course, I meant SAP HANA revision 96 for PA Expert 2.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The view AUT_PAS22_2_RV does not currently still exist in my schema.  That's not my content, it was generated by the process.  Perhaps I did not include enough of the log, there were several errors before that.

See the first error here and full log attached: 

2015/06/24 15:15:17.928000|>>|S| | 3168|  40| |||||||||||||||Completed chain execution getComponentScript: 5653 milliseconds

2015/06/24 15:15:21.890000|>>|E| | 3168|  40| |||||||||||||||Cannot find the

resource:com.sap.pa.components.params.resources.Algorithms_Descriptors_messages

2015/06/24 15:15:21.890000|>>|E| | 3168|  40| |||||||||||||||Cannot find the

resource:com.sap.pa.components.params.resources.Algorithms_Properties_messages

2015/06/24 15:15:21.890000|>>|E| | 3168|  40| |||||||||||||||Cannot find the resource:com.sap.pa.components.params.resources.Algorithms_messages

at com.sap.pa.service.impl.ConnectionsHandleImpl.releaseRepositoryConnection(ConnectionsHandleImpl.java:101): TraceLog Message 0

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I'll get in touch with some colleagues so that they can analyze this in detail and get back to us. 

I think creating a support ticket would probably be the right route to follow-up but will confirm & get back here.

On your 1) and 2) questions, here is a more detailed answer.

1.) I see SAP note 2128915 that says they recommend version 96, but the supported platforms PAM only lists SPS9 (which we are on with version 95) as the APL compatibility.  Is only version 96 compatible?  Or is 95 still compatible?

Revisions 95 and 96 are both HANA SPS9 related revisions.

The first revision recommended by SAP for productive use (this is called the DSP) is 96.

The ones delivered before 96 on the SPS9 branch were only for test & evaluation.

For general information on SAP HANA revision strategy including the DSP, this customer-facing document rules: https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001182742013

The mention HANA SPS9 related to APL 2.2 on the Predictive Analytics 2.2 product availability matrix means APL 2.2 will support upcoming maintenance revisions of SAP HANA delivered specifically on the SPS9 branch. In a nutshell it means revisions > 96 on the SPS9 branch.

By the way, I just wanted to check if you installed APL 2.2 on your HANA Server.

My understanding is that the current "perfect mix" to be installed would be PA 2.2 + HANA revision 96 + APL 2.2.

As a first side note, I think revision 97 was recently delivered on our SMP. Please check on your side. You should be able to upgrade to this revision as part of the "perfect mix", but this is not formally required, this is a hana maintenance revision. 

As a second side note (for longer-term future), HANA SPS10 has been announced at Nice - see this press release: http://www.news-sap.com/sap-delivers-next-release-of-sap-hana/.

2.) are the Model Statistics and Model Compare modules part of the APL library?

Yes, model statistics & model comparison modules needs APL to be installed so that they can be operated with expert 2.2.

Model statistics & model comparison enabling the comparison of the performance of various models are also available in expert analytics "offline" modes.  In offline modes they are called Model Compare & Model Statistics.

Hope this helps

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Link to 2.2 PAM: https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/Pred_Ana_20.pdf

On page 17, see the mention: HANA SPS9 for APL 2.2 means that the library will support any upcoming revisions of SAP HANA on the SPS9 branch.

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hillary,

For this to work, you must install APL 2.2 on top of your HANA installation.

Expert Analytics 2.2 requires APL 2.2 for use of model compare, model statistics or HANA Auto * algorithms in the case of HANA online mode.

Can you please confirm the different components that compose your installation?

As I said, the recommended mix for productive use is Predictive Analytics 2.2 (de facto includes Expert) + SAP HANA revision 96 + APL 2.2.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I didn't realize there was an additional upgrade of APL 2.2 with this release.  We haven't tried to install that, but I will talk to our HANA Admins.  I am not sure we'll be able to upgrade to 96 + APL 2.2 + PA 2.2, but we'll try with 95 + APL 2.2 + PA 2.2. 

Thanks also for the answer about HANA Model Compare and HANA Model Statistics being part of the APL--that explains why those aren't working when the PAL is.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good to know!

95 + APL 2.2 + PA 2.2 should be OK as well (for non productive use) - don't "kill" yourself with revision 96 or upper for now.

Would be great if you confirm if things are running fine post-APL upgrade.

Best,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine!

I have the same problem of Hillary, we work with HANA Database revision 93 of SAP and SAP Predictive Analytics 2.3 (or 2.2 ).

You said that the solution is to use 96 + PAL 2.2 +PA 2.2 but I read on a SAP hana installation and update documentation that the revision of PAL must be the same as the revision of hana database.

I want just to ensure that the combination 93+ PAL 2.2 + PA2.3 (or 2.2) will be OK .

Best regards,

Abdess

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the discussion was around APL not PAL. Can you open a new SCN question and detail your question, your current configuration and the problem that you face? This way we can better help.

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

OK Antoine, it's done.

The title of the message :

PA Error: SAP DBTech JDBC [259] invalid table name PROCEDURE_SIGNATURE_T

Thanks,

Abdess

i033659
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine,

I get the same error "... Invalid Column Name: Applyln ..." for HANA Auto Classification and also for HANA Model Statistics. So the root cause seems to be somewhere in APL. PAL algorithms work fine (e.g. Naive Bayes or decision trees)

My installation is APL v2.4.10 on HANA Rev. 102.02. Any idea, what could be the reason?

I created a user trace on HANA with the user who is used for the connection from expert analytics to HANA, but I do not really find anything related to this error.

Regards,

Ingo

Message was edited by: Ingo Peter The solution is given in http://scn.sap.com/message/16302808#16302808: Add a field ApplyIn, varchar(100) to table PROFITCURVE_T. A helpful trace may be found in "C:\Users\<your Windows user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sappa\logs" Regards, Ingo

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo, good to know that this is solved for you. Configuring trace logs for Automated & Expert Analytics is documented on pages 10/11 of the guide here: https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100018484372015E/pa24_install_en.pdf

Best regards,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine, Hi Ingo,

i'm currently facing exactly the same error that Ingo had before (same installation of APL on same HANA Rev - same Error message when trying to run the "Model Statistics" item in PA Expert Mode). I have gone through the documentation about configuring tables for APL functionalities but as i do not run analyses on HANA directly, but in PA Expert Mode, i wonder what i need to do in order to add this applyln field as described?!
Input Data comes from a HANA table with direct connection to PA Expert Mode.

Thanks in Advance!

Best,

Sabrina

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

See the details in the thread referenced by Ingo

Second, for the error  "... Invalid column name:ApplyIn ..." I added the field "ApplyIn VARCHAR(100)" to the table type "PROFITCURVE_T" and It works fine.(https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100013455472015E/pa23_hana_apl_user_en.pdfSection 3.3.4)

Good luck with this,

best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As a SCN best practice, please do not resurrect old threads - post new questions.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Answers (0)